Bpm

alrighty, understand…let’s keep things crossed and w8 till it’s done

I’m waiting for this too! :w00t:
So I can chance between 440 and 880

go from speed 3 to speed 6, or simply double the space between all events in the patterns

new version of renoise 2 shall add a new bpm counter till 999bpm?

Why the hell do you need BPM 999?

If you want BPM 330 “speed 3” then just.use BPM 165 and LPB 16. And there you have it. Want to go to 660? Just use LPB 32.

Because if you can automate the BPM between 1 and 999, glitching in renoise will get a whole new dimension :yeah:

there are workarounds. set the BPM to half of what you want it to be but double the LPB.

with “a whole new dimension” you probably mean the listener needs to understand the superstrings theory in order to enjoy the difference between glitching at 255BPM-32LPB and 999BPM-32LPB?

I wonder where you all glitching guys will want to thrust the whole thing to :)

Frazzbass:

read this: changing LPB is not a “workaround”: it’s the way you can detail your music much more than what you can in Renoie 1.91.

also, you can use the BPM editbox to set BPM at 999 (but can’t automate it)

Renoise can’t really handle 999 tempo anyway, atleast on reasonable LPB, the 44100 sampling rate is just too small to fit something meaningful in it at 999. The click removal decay will also be too long.

Combine it with 09xx and bpm automation can get pretty fooking SICK :w00t:

hey taktik we do speedcore till 999bpm but also tracks at 666bpm or something like that… speed 3 it’s not enough for our tempo
we need fuckin fast tracks! renoise is the perfect speedcore tracker, and if u want some new users you need to apply something to automize till 999bpm.
thank you for your attention

Thanks It-Alien but we need to automize that!

Would be really COOL if this we spoke till now will be combined with bpm AUTOMATION. In the style i produce (terror/speedcore) sometimes is good to make pauses with slow to fast rythm. And if i have to wrote every different speed it takes too much time.

When you think we’ll have a tempo automation?

Thanx a lot.

Frazzbass: isn’t this enough?

komprex: You can interpolate the values, so you only need to enter the first and the last value in each pattern. And you will have lots of time, given that your tracks are so damn fast. :)

I personally think that making tracker scroll like hell is not a good idea anyways, only to show off maybe. You can make ultra fast music with tracker scrolling pretty slowly. This is specially the case with renoise.

Suva: 100% agree on this, but of course we have to respect other people’s styles. I absolutely do not understand this need for speed, but undoubtedly Renoise 2.0 completely fulfill it.

Thanx a lot for your answer! Can you please explain me better? I set the start bpm at the begin of the pattern and the “last” bpm at the end, then right clik → pattern → interpolate but nothing happened…

Thanx in advance :)

You need to put F000 on the other lines aswell, for placemarkers where to insert new interpolated values.

If you want stepping instead of sliding you may put F0 on every second line for example.

haha, that was fast. :P

I continue this topic at this url…
https://forum.renoise.com/t/tempo-automation/23484

this function it’s still from Fast tracker man!we are in 2008! I loved fast tracker, but what we are asking if is a automation of tempo on the automation section! like you do with the volume or with the panning! would be really cool if this automation could be setting from 0 till 999bpm.