[BUG] Huge crash after adding LPB Envelope in Mst track

Hello, I’m new to Renoise, I’m trying it out writing a song. :wave:

In my song, I:

• click on Mst track
  • click track automation
  • select LPB
  • add a few points in envelope
  • press SPACE to start playing

then Renoise deadlocks; gets completely stuck.

What drives me crazy is that I saved my song after playing with the LPB envelope. Now:

• every time I restart Renoise and reload the song, Renoise deadlocks as soon as I hit SPACE
  • if I completely delete LPB envelope and hit SPACE, it STILL deadlocks :scream:
  • I fortunately have an older copy of my song; it works fine; if I add an LPB envelope and hit SPACE, it deadlocks

I checked Log.txt and I see this at the end of the file:

Threads: Timeout while waiting for Thread2 to finish its commands!!

Threads: Timeout while waiting for Thread2 to finish its commands!!

Any chance of saving my most recent copy? It’s a few hours of extra work that I’d have to redo.

PS. I tried to reproduce by adding LPB envelope in one of the demo songs. It didn’t deadlock.

Cheers
Bill Kotsias

Like I said, I have removed the envelope altogether. I still get a deadlock if I try to play the song. It’s a deadlock, not a “song is stopped” issue.

The Mst mixer chain is super simple. But I have tracks with very complex mixer chains. Haven’t had any issues with those so far.

I can ofc share the whole song, if that’ll help…

SPD seems quite suspect. Is this song in FT2 mode? 106 would be a big speed for FT2 anyway…
So… not sure why your Renoise has SPD where LPB should be and wonder if that’s part of the issue.

Please check this thread:

PS - In case you dont want to ‘convert’ the song, some typical SPD’s would be 3, 6, or 12. iirc 30 was max.

1 Like

This was exported from OpenMPT as an .IT file and imported to Renoise, so that’s where SPD came from, I guess

@Jek Oh wow! After “upgrading” the song, the deadlock was fixed! :star_struck:
What an eye! Catching the tiny SPD dialog box in the screenshots… :dark_sunglasses:
Now I need to find the correct LBP value to make it play at the correct speed again :wink:

Although my issue is solved, that deadlock still remains as a potentially “risky” issue. :warning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.