Bump This Thread If You Purchased Renoise

Buumm! New user in the rotation - purchased 2.5 license last week :yeah:

Bought it at 1.5, just renewed at 2.5, so I am set until 3.5!!!

Hooray!!

The 2.5 feature announcement was enough for me to finally take the plunge. Iā€™m coming from Ableton Live and I have to say it looks like Renoise will be replacing it outright. Up until now NI Maschine was my favorite music toy to ā€œget lost in the flowā€ but Iā€™m enjoying using Renoise so much that it might be all I need. It took me a while to get my head around the tracker interface but now I get the zen-like simplicity and efficiency about it. Iā€™ll probably keep Live + Maschine combo around as that provides a totally different workflow and results but I doubt that Iā€™m going to buy Max4Live or even any more Live updates. I want to support the more open model that Renoise represents.

Somewhere April or May 2003 I guessā€¦ I canā€™t stop ravingā€¦ :)
Nice to see a lot of early guys still use Renoise!!

Bought 1.9 in August 2008

tried trackers years ago when i first started using computers for music.
could not get a handle on the interface.

i have used all sorts of DAW/sequencers since (Sonar, ProTools, FL Studio, Orion, etcā€¦) and have settled on reaper as my main host and the rest as tools and inspirational accessories.

i have been watching the Renoise development for a few years and have had the demo installed off and on, but still could not get used to the tracker style workflow.

finally decided to give it another shot, this time with more determination.

happy that i did.

the difference between piano roll style editing (which i still like) and tracking makes it an inspirational change of pace when i find myself in creative ruts and i seem to come up with totally different types of ideas when moving back and forth.

iā€™m still struggling, but now i at least have half a clue.

anyway, registered and looking forward to further development of this software

Hello to everyone!

Just purchased a 2.5 license. Renoise rocks! :yeah:

Bought it a few days ago after testing the demo version for a while. The announcement for 2.5 was to great.

Iā€™d been playing about in the demo for ages. 2.5ā€™s features definitely stood out, so Iā€™ve just got around to downloading 2.5 and hoping for many tracking years to come! :D

Bought it on 22nd Dec 09 after many many months (maybe even years) of umming and arring over it. the 2.5 beta alone has made it worth buying imo.

Played around with Renoise a few days and instantly fell in love with the tracker concept again after many years of namby-pamby piano rolls and score editors. Great programm. :) :walkman:

Bought yesterday, absolutely great piece of software!!!
After years of FT2, Iā€™ve never felt comfortable with Cubase-like editors, but now Iā€™m home again!!! :)

welcome back to tracking Loris, I bet I know who you areā€¦ ;)

Your bet is good, Fabio, your bet is good. ;)
Iā€™m glad to see that youā€™re always active on tracking scene.

ā€¦New user hereā€¦

ā€¦Bought it a couple of weeks ago !

ā€¦ happy happy joy joy !!!

ā€¦iĀ“ve been using Buzz for some time and somehow Renoise works kind of different !!!

ā€¦REALLY NICE SOFTWARE !!!

ā€¦peace !

Hey everyone,

I tried 2.5 for the first time last night after using the demo for a few weeks ā€“ I love it!

Iā€™ve tried quite a few DAWs (Reason, Logic, Live, Reaper) and dabbled a bit with trackers (Adlib Tracker II, Goattracker, LSDJ), but none of them really fit the I like to work or did everything I wanted them to do. Live came close, but Renoise really makes it easy to bang out a pattern and ā€“ especially with the new pattern matrix ā€“ put a rough song together in no time flat.

Plus, the fact that itā€™s keyboard driven, cross-platform and has no draconian copy protection system (Iā€™m looking at you, Arturia) makes it an easy win.

Iā€™m happy to support such a great piece of software ā€“ keep it up!

First post, bought Renoise a couple of weeks ago, love it so far!

Purchased v1.5. I donā€™t remember when. :D

I have been extremely happy with it and its constant development.