Check out my music made with Renoise

Hello everyone, my name is Igor, and I am like probably many of you here :slight_smile: use Renoise to create music. Was doing this for long long time now, but never managed to finish and complete my tracks (as it was just a hobby in the first place I was never concentrated on actually delivering something) until last year I decided to participate in one remix contest :slight_smile: Since then I finally finished a couple of my old tracks and created new ones. Now I am happy to share them with you, people who also love Renoise like me. Tracks are mostly EDM, or just Electronic music, cause I donā€™t categorize them to very certain genre.
I would be glad if you can take a listen and appreciate your feedback.
Here is SoundCloud link: Stream COLD VIGOR music | Listen to songs, albums, playlists for free on SoundCloud, also I have YouTube account where you can actually see how songs are rolling in Renoise: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCayy0f3RPr8rrcEa1P9Z0Ow

For Ice Landscapes you can also download my Renoise project file for free here: Igor Vlasov - Ice Landscapes.xrns ā€” ŠÆŠ½Š“ŠµŠŗс.Š”ŠøсŠŗ

6 Likes

Good soundā€¦
But there is an ā€œemptyā€
The rear of tracks are empty
Maybe also a lack of ā€œairā€

Welcome

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: that was faster than I expected. I think I kind of understand what you mean, will try to figure out how to fill that space, still have a lot to learn obviously.

1 Like

Maybe compress and saturate the wet of reverb?

1 Like

:+1: will try this out

Maybe also a lack of delays

Interesting, I think I actually use delay quite a lot, but try to not ovreruse it. I can myself think about maybe some sub-bass activity missing in some tracks, and maybe need of more clever panningā€¦ anyway, thanks for suggestion. I will try to dig the topic more to get some ideas.

Delays also depend of the step ratioā€¦
Delays may be hard to controlā€¦

Good luck

1 Like

Welcome friend.I really liked what you did with the Sliding Doors Remix .I think you have a good chance on being one of the winners .If i am not mistaking its for the produce like a pro contest?

2 Likes

Hi stoiximan. Yes, you are right, this is produce like a pro contest. Of course it would be cool to be among the winners :slight_smile: but there are so many participants and good mixesā€¦ glad you liked it, and thank you for kind feedback!

1 Like

They had another contest some time ago and i listened to the winners songs and i can tell you that they are not looking for pro mixes just good tracks and yours is a good track so anything goes

1 Like

I agree with you, I participated in that contest for CLO - Blackout too, this was actually the first track I tried to make fully complete in like almost 20 years :rofl:
However the decision about winners is still quite subjective, but I think this is fine, I participate mostly to be a part of community and first of all try to challenge myself to make something that other people may like in defined deadline.

2 Likes

Welcome on the forum!
Congrat for your first release since a long time then! :smiley: Itā€™s a good idea to go into a contest, this is fun and challenging! The voice line fit perfectly with the eurobeat mood! This is catchy! :+1:

1 Like

Hello, Fabrice. Thank you for listening! :slight_smile: and glad that you liked it.
I will surely participate in more contests now, when I realized how fun it is. Before my first contest I never was happy with how my music sounds, it always seemed incomplete, but in contest all participants have same starting conditions, and it helps to overcome this fear of imperfectness when you start hearing what other people do with the same material.
It really helped me to overcome the block.

2 Likes

Sounds good! I really dig time is running out. Very moody and atmospheric.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Yes, this was specifically what I was aiming for, glad you liked it!

1 Like

All of them are excellent; I especially like Unspoiled Nature, itā€™s very powerful and reminds me of an RTS video game soundtrack. Youā€™re very good with the EDM, more of that please lol.

1 Like

Thank you, Alexander! Your comment is really inspiring to me :slight_smile:
Unspoiled Nature is an example of the track that was laying around on my different hard drives as an idea for years. (I cannot even tell now exactly how long, but it is surely more than 12 years). Certainly I have plans now to do more like this. At the moment I work on another remix, also as a competition, but more relaxed one in terms of dates and participants. It should be ready till 15 of August. It may probably remind somehow Sliding Doors remix, but sound is darker and BPM is lower.

1 Like

Some decent stuff here, Igor.

1 Like

Thank you, Steve!