Dead Dog Disko Competition Round 16

Pattern 22 is 14 lines shorter than the others. Maybe this is meant as a minimalist musical statement?

You are probably the only one wich listened until the pattern 22 so track one may be your track :)

i think #1 should’ve been #4 in the song-order, because you would’ve had:

1. some samples
  2. 1 sample of silence
  3. no samples
  4. nothing

:)

edit: still wondering how some of this was done… will try it out myself tonight.

Very nice tracks, i’m impressed! I’m glad i skipped this round, or i would’ve had my ass kicked. :D

Though #1 has a lot of potential, it becomes very boring after a few seconds. :P

I’m not shure which one to vote for, can’t decide yet.

sh!t, annoying noise on my track i didn’t heard before.

dc offset with automatic dc to be placed first on S01, and by the way bypass that stereox on the master track and turn that master compresser down a little too. :rolleyes:

Well winner is no.4

Congratulations to Uav for being the master of silence!

1. Rhowaldt
  2. Beat Fuhrer
  3. DubKidFlash
    4. Uav

You know the score. Get me some rules to my inbox ready to start next round on Thursday :)

congratulations üav. i thought yours was the best but i wanted to have a vote for my ‘minimalist statement’ so i shamelessly voted for myself, convinced that you’d win it with or without my vote :)

respect to f+d+k for noticing the slightly shorter pattern at the end of the song. nobody noticed though that the track was 4.33 long, which would have made you understand it was a John Cage cover song:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3

while all this sounds mighty intellectual of me, the simple truth was i did not have time to join this round because of DDRColla, and i decided it would be funny to just submit a silent song (seeing how no samples could be used, one interpretation would be to keep it silent).

nice cover, and that’s probably the first tracker cover of 4,33

lol, i actually thought about it but then “ah, probably just sent in the wrong file or something” xD

Omg i forgot to vote! Well it wouldn’t make any difference though, but i would have voted for #3 i think, it was a bit too short, but i very much liked the sounds.
#4 is a worthy winner, congrats Üav! :)

Nice cover rhowaldt, though i prefer the orchestral version. :P

From your own quote, this is the point I brought up when you mentioned this was why it was empty when you sent it me:

Unfortunately the sounds of the environment (I think I said orchestra) don’t really exist in computer music. Would be funny to just have it with OS noises, like MSN Messenger new message alert or whatnot, and no real music ;)

yeah i know, i was reading it and came across it. and your above thought was mine as well: computer environment is completely silent. and i do not use MSN :)

Just open your window and listen to the environment sounds, problem solved! ;)

my computer environement is really noisy, I should rescrew it one day.

Congrats üav, you got my vote!

Haha, my PC is that noisy, I have it in the next room with cables running through the wall. Really really nice to listen to music on very low volume (and also for work).

Rhowaldt, I suspected #1 is your’s. Cool.

thanks guys, I’d like to give TheBellows some credits, I stole his ‘line in technic’ for working without samples !

Don’t credit me for that, i’m pretty shure i saw the technique with line in and dc offset in another track. A shame i don’t remember who made it, but i found it here on the forum somewhere, i’ll see if i can find it in a temp folder.
All i did was to combine it with a twist on dblue’s tuned device technique and make LFO’s control the melodies. :)

Edit: i can’t seem to find it on my hd…

isn’t it one of the demo tracks which comes with renoise?

Ah, yes that’s probably it. :)