Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 18

@DDRC: Argh, my GF’s mother (my pseudo-mother-in-law, so to speak) is visiting us, and I also do DDRColla – so no time for DDRC, but last weekend I experimented a bit with the key follower, which was the meta-device I never used before. I like the XYPad. Ok, trivially using it with filter freq & reso, but I still like those classic sweeps now and then…

@drugs: Hadn’t been into it that much. Occasionally some space brownies (I will always remember that two days in Amsterdam Vondelen Park…), some Fliegenpilze, etc., but not much more. No E or acid. Last time I remember smoking weed was at a Ministry concert many years ago. This was really enlightening for me: There was this aggressive music, Psalm 69, N.W.O. etc., damn good show, crowd going berzerk, but I just couldn’t enjoy the concert, because I felt so floating away from it, so very peaceful. It really made me think I’m not myself like this.

Unfortunately I went for the evil cigs age 30 - when you might think you’re mature enough to stay away from that, at least if you managed to do so all the time before! Oh well, 2 packs a day, then 2 packs tobacco, but I quit 2003, I’m pretty sure I won’t do that again.

But I have to admit I drink too much beers sometimes.

Three tracks to add Metas to (probably boring LFOs) and I think I will call it done. Don’t think I like it much though. First time to order some Indian for dinner :)

well i submitted my track and am off to Italy until August 9th (my birthday!), so sadly i won’t be able to vote. see you guys later!

Have fun dude!

Damn, totally forgot about this one… :(
I’ll try to come up with something tomorrow (it’ll be a quicky if I manage to start)

Tracking over and files uploaded.

Download pack can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hn1630disyyi18d

And Soundcloud set is here:
http://soundcloud.com/dead-dog-disko/sets/ddrc18

Kewl!

Seems to be almost harder to get votes than entries these days…

oh damn, almost forgot to vote, even though I listened to the entries right away when you uploaded them.

Winner is no.3 by Rhowaldt. Congratulations mate! Typically it’s happened while you’re on holiday innit…

On that note I actually had a feeling that he may win this round so I sent him a PM in case he does at least pop onto the 'net at some point on holiday. As he doesn’t seem to be around to set rules for next one I said I’d put up a poll with a couple of ideas and let you vote for the next round. If he replies before it starts on Thursday it will overrule whatever the outcome.

The three choices are:

1. Standard rules, sample pack, just like the very first round was.
  2. Only effects from the Depreciated folder of the DSP Chains allowed and all must be used at least once. Meta and Send devices still allowed. (May be hard to get good mix with no EQ or Compressor.)
  3. Tempo of the range 32-63BPM, LPB 2 or 3 (or might restrict to 1.) No loops and double drums & percussion samples in the sample pack. (Forcing use of things like retrigger and delay.)

Congrats Rhowaldt, well deserved mate! :guitar:

Woohooo! Congrats rhowaldt!

What is “Depreciated folder of the DSP Chains”? :huh:

yay! Rhowaldt! :D

congrats Rhowaldt! you finally did it ! ( but that’s only because I was on vacation :P)

Meant to type LPB 2 or 3, not 3 or 4. Also wondered if limiting it right down to a LPB of 1 may be more fun/more of a challenge… What you guys think? Although currently votes are even across all three options so who knows what way it will go.

By Tempo you mean BPM right?

Yes; Tempo is measured in Beats Per Minute.

That’s a bit like saying “by time you means hours and minutes.” Although there are other ways you could measure both the ones mentioned are the accepted norms.

But adding BPM to the text to avoid any confusion in future ;)

And what about the LPB=1? I think it could be a good restriction, push it as far as possible…

I just vaguely remember some early version of Renoise with Tempo setting (or was it Tempo/BPM it said?) if i’m right, though it was probably just a name change…or was it another tracker?
So i thought maybe there were some abandoned thing from the past that you wanted to dig up, like the old DSP chains of yours :P