Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 19

I’m a little bit fucked, a little bit rushed, but at the top there should hopefully be a pack for this round. See you guys soon.

I have listened to the tracks several times, but it’s vey hard to decide which one to vote for…looks like i’m not the only one with that problem, only one vote so far. :P

aw I didn’t know we can rename effect names, I thought track 05 cheated with unknown FX :walkman:

I think he is cheating, cheating with skillz. :P

there are 4, maybe, 5, tracks I like, with balanced strengths and weakpoints… I didn’t expected that… the n°1 track that fully uses the acapella sample… the track n°8 with 1 pattern of crazy bunch of schizophrenic fx, the n°5 with a full melodic approach, the n°2 with the electric piano emulation and a very good overall mix, and yeah the n°3 is cool too with the hard rock style… …

damn i hate fade-outs, and no. 2 would be even more awesome if it did not use a fade-out, imo. needless to say, no. 2 has my vote!

anyway, the quality of tracks seems to go up with each round. maybe it is due to the low BPM/LPB or something that got people inspired, i might consider trying that myself sometime. really great entries all of you who joined in. you guys have made voting quite hard.

(no. 6 still has the id3 tag by the way… for those of you listening to the .xrns, i dare you not to take a peek :slight_smile:

Don’t see it here. Removed with my normal method of doing it in Winamp (load all in, hit random order sort to get entry numbers, remove tags and rename.) Neither Winamp or Properties through Windows shows the tag as still being there on my computer.

Overall good entries though. Gonna be a hard choice if it comes to a tie-break…

hmmm, i use foobar2000 and the tag showed up, did not check much further than that and have since removed the files from my computer so cannot check back now. well then, maybe i’m the only one using foobar2000 and getting sneak previews :)

Sorry about slight lateness with announcing the winner but we have one which is standing clearly ahead of all others.

Congratulations to Uav with DDRC19-2!

Think you know the score by now, get some rules to me for next round asap ;)

1. Kazakore
    2. Uav
  2. 00.1
  3. The Bellows
  4. Kurtz
  5. C-Blu
  6. DubKidFlash
  7. VincentVC (CRUY)

Thanks for the mention Kurtz. Personally wasn’t very happy with it at all but it was only about three hours work with headphones that kept on cutting out as the socket on my laptop is knackered and I’ve not got around to getting an external interface for it as of yet.

Not heard from Uav yet… Sure he was on holiday shortly before Phowaldt and should be about though. Hopefully he’ll get some rules in before tomorrow otherwise it’ll be a round of basic rule, like the first ever one.

Congrats üav, great track! :walkman:

Phowaldt? PHOWALDT? are you messing with me man!!!

Opposite sides of the keyboard and all! My dyslexia or similar coming through… I often put Cs and Ss in the wrong pace instead of each other, and the plosives P, B and D too. R and P is a new one I think though… I have written things backwards in the past and not been able to tell why is looks wrong too (although not for many years.) Never actually been diagnosed though (although my brother was) and for somebody who is dyslexic I do quite enjoy reading at times.

good job üav

Forgot to vote, but would have voted for #2 ;) (But really a lot of great tracks again)

Wow hey, #8 is the first time (in a year or so) I experience the renoise out of memory warning without the use of any VSTs. It’s interesting to see the limits - been to lazy to test them on my own… :lol:

Edit:
Sry, forgot a special mention of #7, awesome dubkidflash. :walkman:

Many thanks!

grats to the winner! had a really nice early autechre feel to it, cool!
track five was awesome too, sorry for another comparison but it reminded me of the commuter track by ceephax. :)

i had liked to have seen more voters though. and lol f+d+k, that’s awesome. :P

Yeah it’s a massivr shame we seem to be getting more entries than voters at times now! :(

speaking of voters, the voting for this compo where i’m in the semi-finals with a chance to push through to the final is open for voting for everyone, so if you would please have a listen if you had not already i’d appreciate it!

thanks! I’m really into early AE these times ;)