Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 32

Well 2 of the 3 tracks had a VST in them. I believe one was only a monitoring VST but the other one was an effect (Ambisonics) on the Master. I have removed them both but have left the original mp3s so you might hear slight differences between xrns and mp3 on at least one song. I leave it up to you which ones to vote on.

Just noticed no.2 isn’t 5LPB either! Shame as that was probably my favourite but broke the rule that was meant to make it interesting.

Sorry about the massive file too. One of the xrns is still huge after removing all unused instruments and samples!

http://www.mediafire.com/?7dndzlyd6dfozzk

Maybe people think it is little point in doing stuff more complicated than necessary? I mean who would actually make a techno track by these rules on their own? :P
It’s a bit like math, you could do it by hand, but what’s the point when you have a calculator?
I don’t think these kind of rules are bad though, because i’ve learned lots of new stuff when i’m forced to do things differently than i’m used to, but it also makes it just a little bit harder to get started and finish something you like.

Yeah maybe you’re right but it’s always down to the last winner and i hope it at least makes it interesting to attempt something. This time I gave Elmex an option of two ideas I’d had or to leave it completely open as he said he couldn’t think of anything. Bit gutted I haven’t had to time to even open Renoise and try and start something (finding out how hard it is) but nevermind.

Cant believe I actually managed to get a entry in, finding 5 minutes to do anything with the arrival of my baby daughter is next to impossible.

I started 3 different songs on this one and had some new approaches,
but 2 of my attempts turned out much nicer if I changed the rules a bit, so I
disqualified them,… ah well, will have a listen to the submissions!

Sorry about late announcing, only just got home.

And the winner is no.3 so congratulations f+d+k!!!

As usual new round will start lunch time on Thursday so please try and get your rules to me by then :)

rubs his eyes
What? You’re sure? Whoooh! :)

Really folks, thank you, I never would have thought, because I love both the other songs.

Ok, I’ll quickly think about new rules today.

Congrats f+d+k, well done! :)

This round i did not plan to make a vocal based track, i actually made most of the music first and i just happened to load the awful Guetta sample and then without even trying to make it fit i plotted in the sample at D-4, both the tempo and pitch was a match right out of the box so i just had to use it. :P
It was kinda fun making the song to some other peoples vocals, even though it sounds ever so silly. :D

BTW sorry for the huge file, i didn’t think about the filesize at all while tracking, now i’ll have that in mind in the future.