Dead Dog Renoise Competition Round 34

For one of the entries I have been sent the link to the mp3 twice so am going to leave it to whenever I have the energy to sort it tomorrow. Should go on missions to try and sort a building for a party this weekend and if I do it might be fairly late by the time I get up and have the energy for this…

It will be done though ;)

Well that was sorted quickly! :D

Here’s the link to the vote pack. I will edit the first post and add a poll tomorrow.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a3ixddso94dcop0

Voting poll up.

Would it be rude to give a suggestion for a forthcoming round?..

let me guess… this kind of rule ? :D

Haha :)

I was actually thinking PadSynth & Breaks round ;) (Or Drum & PadSynth maybe…)

Ah, that’s too bad, i’m in the big league of farters. :P

Could you specify the rules K, is that another genre i haven’t heard about? DnB without the bass and with pads instead?

I would provide a sample pack, either just a selection of breaks or maybe also some single hits, all other sounds generated by the new(ish) PadSynth Tool. Any style etc, quite simple :)

sounds good for me

Count me in! ;)

Nice tracks this round, but it’s quite clear which one i must vote for.
Kurtz, that bastard, i just can’t beat him. :P
Oh, it’s a secret competition, i forgot. :ph34r:

;) one day in a future round, I’ll try to imitate the style of one other participant, so that it’ll be harder to guess who dit what precisely.

Track colours can give the game away if your used to studying somebody’s songs too. Can’t be bothered to write a script to remove that kind of things as truthfully I’m not too bothered about it ;)

I try that all the time, but at the end i sit there with another weird chiptune. :P

Not that it bothers me to know who made the tracks though, i always vote for the one i think deserves it most, usually because i like it the most.

Winner will be slightly late announcement again due to work.

Also off to FrenchTek next week so wont be about to close off the next round the week after. What do people wish to do about this? Leave starting for when I’m back or give yourselves two weeks of tracking time?

last time we tried 2 weeks there were more participants, no ?

Sorry I completely forgot to announce the winner when I got home from work last night! I think some of the longer standing members may have guessed who it is though ;)

A very deserved (would have had my vote) congratulations go the KURTZ!!!

From a post elsewhere I take it you are happy with my idea for the next round above, if not you know what to do (hit the PMs innit.)

1. The Bellows
    2. KURTZ
  2. Clapping Hand

Unsure… Maybe a couple more than some but the one week rounds variate greatly in number of participants too.

Hey thanx for the votes ! :walkman: :drummer: :walkman:

I’m still okay with the padsynth + breackbeats round.

I’ll let you select the breackbeats and build the ddrc samplepack. If you think your life will allow you to handle a “one week” competition okay let’s define a one week trip.

Thanx again, & see you soon !

I think maybe the rules will attract some more participants the next round, because if i recall correctly the same thing happened the last time we tried a new tool rule. :)
Congrats KURTZ, nice track!

I’ll be out of the country so have to be a two week round (or postponed.) I hope with rule that promise to be fun to work with hopefully extra time combined with this will get a good participation :)

I think I’ll make the pack a random 35 (for 35th round) breaks from the sample very kindly uploaded recently by Ripley. If you haven’t seen it already I suggest you check it out: 200 Breakbeat Instruments Hopefully should give plenty of variation without proving such a large pack that it’s hard to select which to use :)

Thanx mate ! :walkman:

Concerning the breakbeats pack provided here : link, I’m on it, indeed it seems hard to choose the right ones…