Dead Dog'S Renoise Competition Round 13

It may work, but it’s not magic that will automatically make the arpeggio sound better though.
One other thing that may improve the sound is to use digits (tones) that harmonizes with each other.
Also, keeping the numbers low will also make a smoother sound.

One of my favorite combinations is very simple:

etc.

Use some nice looping waveform, add some shift distortion and try it at 140bpm beat 8. Adding an automated filter makes it sound quite good i think. :)

Another trick is extensive use of the f1xx (lines/beat) command, speed down to make the arpeggio go slower, then speed up to get back into rythm or just go wild with the beats.

Cheers! :badteethslayer:

maybe a bit of inspiration for you guys… atleast if you are beginners when it comes to music theory. (=

what you wrote above is

1. an interval of 3 semi tones which is a minor third
  2. an interval of 7 semi tones which is a perfect fifth
    root + minor third + perfect fifth makes it a minor chord/triad. http://en.wikipedia…iki/Minor_chord

with three notes you can make triads http://en.wikipedia…i/Triad_(music) and below are the most common ones:

• Major triads contain a major third and perfect fifth interval, symbolized: R 3 5 (or 0-4-7 as semitones) play (help·info) - minor triads contain a minor third, and perfect fifth, symbolized: R ♭3 5 (or 0-3-7) play (help·info) - diminished triads contain a minor third, and diminished fifth, symbolized: R ♭3 ♭5 (or 0-3-6) play (help·info) - augmented triads contain a major third, and augmented fifth, symbolized: R 3 ♯5 (or 0-4-8) play (help·info)

Well, never made a song before, but I think it’s about time for me to do that instead of just mucking around in Renoise.

That’s an excellent idea! :)

And an excellent training! I learned a lot since the first ddrc!do it!

Yeah do it, and thank you for the tips guys!

done! had to break away from my usual tracking times (weekends), and finish the track tonight because i had too busy a weekend to complete it then. tomorrow is my wife’s birthday so no tracking for me that night either. i really like the result, curious to hear what others have come up with, and really good to see so many ‘newcomers’ joining in!

Good amount of entries in so far, can we hope for a couple more before close of play on Thursday? ;)

pfeewwww i only saw this thing yesterday evening around 10! lucky for me i was high on 3 liters of coffee. and had some lemonade with that so sugar enough to keep killin’ it until far past midnight. i’m done now, i’m far from happy with the result :P, but anyway, i have to sleep a bit now.

what everyone says!! learning a bit about how the arpeggio command works, especially, and the pitch slide commands as well. and who to thank for the great sample pack :D is it usable in other projects? the pack had me so damn inspired that i had to use almost every instrument in there. that’s why my (overly unoptimised) .xrns is 11mb. Anyway i’m dyin to see what the others made. i started with the samples alphabetically :P and began building some breakcore type stuff. then i thought, NO. that’s not my style :P. so yeah somewhere tomorrow we can all hear the creations?

looks like a good turnout

it all depends on kazakore, how busy he is at work, how many parties he has to go to and come home too wasted to do anything, and how often his computer, OS, harddisk, usb-stick and/or FTP server miserably fails on him. after he has overcome all those things for the 100th time this year, after he has again crawled through that technological dirt he has come to know so intimately, be sure that he will, eventually, somewhere in the near future, have an upload of all our combined efforts ready.

A lot of contestants! My ass will be beat once again.

Hmmm, guess i need to start thinking about the rules for the next competition :D
I’m not shure Kazakore should get a new pet though, after all he’s got 13 dead dogs on his conscience. :P

Wow! Possibly the best turn out of any of the rounds so far and still three hours to get entries in for those that leave it right to the last possible minute ;)

Annoyed with myself for not getting my arse in gear to do an entry though!! :(

As long as composing for DDRC doesn’t kill my two dogs or rhowaldt’s, everything’s fine. :lol:

Good to read there are some entries already, I’m looking forward to hear the results. Didn’t have much time, still 2 (3?) hours left alright, but I’m stuck. <_<

Yeah I can’t read the clock, meant two hours ;)

hello, i’m new with renoise.
i am very amaze how i can do a lot of thing without the mouse and a few numbers :drummer:
thanks a lot for the sample pack too, it was a good training to begin with renoise.

OK well now i just want to do another one. can you send in 2 tracks? ;D

Only if one of them is a collaboration ;)

This time you actually have DubKidFlash to thank for the sample pack, may be why it was of better quality (selected rather than randomly generated from my collection) but 9 times out of 10 there will be one provided of some sort ;)

Hmm… if I join now it’ll be like a OHC… :wacko: