Delete All Unused Tracks...

Is there a way to delete all unused Tracks in a song…

Often I make a new track and then decide that I dont want the info in it after I have added a load more stuff. This eventually leads to me having a loads of unsed tracks in a song. The problem is, sometime I am not ABSOLUTELY sure they have nothing in them throughout the song, so I have to laboriously check each pattern for data.

Is there a way to delete a track from a pattern (and thus the whole song) which has no data in it.

This would be very similar to the Delete all unreferenced instruments command in the instrument editor…

Someone MUST know this!!

I wonder about that too. I know this can be done by a single click in earlier versions.

So any answers??? Anyone?

Haha :)

Well, a little button in Advanced Edit would be nice…

Go to the “mixer” display, click on the unwanted track and then go to edit=>delete track

Yeah obviously…

My question was asking how automatically delete tracks which have no data in them. If you have a song with 60 patterns, each with 40 tracks in that is potentially 2400 tracks you have to check to see if there is no data in any…

That is a lot of work.

A single button to erase tracks with no actual note data in them THROUGHOUT THE SONG, would make this process a lot faster.

Obviously I could force myself to work in a cleaner, more tidy way, but that is not how I get my groove on.

Sometimes I add a new track with CTRL+T, hit play and then find something else I need to change before I get the chance to input any new data.

As we dont have colour coding of tracks yet (hint hint!!!) it is hard to keep an eye on where the newly created track is. An option to delete these stray tracks would be great.