Disabled Line in device mutes all audio in group

Hey, just wanted to report a rather odd bug i’ve been experiencing in Renoise 3.4.2 - not critical at all but a just little annoying :slight_smile:

EDIT: what I first thought - read next post:
This only happens in songs created BEFORE v3.4.2, but when loaded in 3.4.2 - and as far as I can tell only in Windows:

If there is a DISABLED line-in device on a GROUP, all tracks in the group gets muted. To get around it I have to either enable the line-in device or delete it.

I did some more testing of this bug, here is a demonstration:

Dropout_Bug_example.xrns (16.6 KB)

It happens only when there is a track with a negative track delay value in a song (no matter where), AND there is a disabled Line input device on a group.

Turns out it is not related to older versions of Renoise after all, this file was created fresh in 3.4.2. And, it happens both on Mac and Windows. The bug does not appeart in older versions of Renoise, for example v3.0.

The reason why I would like to get this fixed, is that I use a lot of midi hardware in my songs, and I like to keep my Line input devices in my projects instead of deleting them, since they often have custom settings (volume, pan, which inputs are recorded, etc).

1 Like

Hi, any chance of a fix for this issue? :pray: It can be pretty annoying at times :nerd_face: