Discussion

Like I said before: I do not like the shift-issue. Really, I use ALT+cursor since a long time and even now I accidently press it sometimes. That is breaking my workflow, personally.

The other design-flaw is the advanced edit panel, because with lower resolutions, you have to click it in, click it out etc. I do not get, why it had to leave the bottom row to the right side?

3rd design-flaw is the default F-Key stuff. I used F1 to get to the pattern editor, now it hat slightly changed. Nothing I couldn’t get used to but as I said, it destroyes the “flow” somehow.

I said 80% because it’s just another learning process for me…

I liked the defaults but setting them up manually ain’t such a hard thing, anyway. I just wrote down, what i do not like that much :) And as I said, I never got used to Impulse :)

I compose my swearwords in jEdit. They just feel so much better when the UI makes me want to kick a beaver’s teeth in.

Anyway, i’m not here to defend my cred as a musician. There’s little of it, but what there’s been has been at least okay, and that makes me happy, hence my point.

To reiterate, and i believe the Renoise devs share my opinion of this: The tracker paradigm of production needs a makeover to keep up with the times, and there is much to learn from the “opposition”. There is no benefit from clinging to the old, and if that forces us to learn a few new keyboard shortcuts, well i’m willing to pay that price. We all know if the team makes a change sufficiently terrible, they’ll feel the backdraft, and since they’ve shown to be lacking stupidity so far, i think said terrible changes will be altered for the better.

We’re all part of a birth here, or should i say a rebirth. There is nothing like Renoise on the market, free or otherwise, and the best we can do as customers is to assist the developers in making better solutions for the good of ALL along the way.

Looking back at some of the threads i’ve taken part in on this forum, i’ve said some astonishingly stupid things in the past, things that mirror your sentiments HaveSome, so i’m not a stranger to romanticizing tracker music. God those posts make me cringe. Shudder.

But we have to learn to progress, you know? Nothing stays the same forever. I had to stop using FT2 because Win98 was becoming a major hassle to keep reinstalling and dualbooting just for the sake of a DOS program; i just had to move on. There were things that made me want to kill people the first while, but you learn, you soften, you relax and start thinking MAYBE you’re not the smartest guy on the planet, and maybe the guys doing the weird shit might be on to something.

The turns this piece of software have taken since its first releases have been uniformly astounding. Back when i started using it it still felt like FT2 with knobs on, but now it’s become an entirely different animal altogether, to the point where Mac users are picking it up, and the solidity and performance of the thing rival any damn thing out there.

Renoise is, this day, the best tracker software ever written. fawn

I guess what i don’t get with you HaveSome is how utterly ungrateful you seem for the awesome power you’ve been given on terms that you SHOULD be able to agree with fully. It strikes me 100% as childish ungratefulness, and it makes me upset and unpleasant.

Where I come from, the 1 guy arguing against 20 other guys gets an atomic wedgie, not responses. Why is anyone even bothering to discuss this? Let the thread die already!

Because there is a child in all of us :w00t:

I just showed this thread to my nephew and he was not amused.

yes yes, here we go again. READ my POINT -----> I think the menu group in the upper-left corner doesnt NEED to be there. And i THINK the DEV’s put it there to make Renoise LOOK more like any musicprogram… NOT that Renoise is for amateurs. Renoise IS for PRO’s, thats why we shouldnt NEED buttons duplicated.
MY OPINION IS that a tracker shouldnt contain more STUFF than nessesary.
I have been using Renoise BECAUSE of that. I think the GREAT thing about TRACKERS is that everything is SO EASILY ACCESSIBLE. Its NOT , i repeat, its NOT that i cannot adjust to the new shortcuts, its THE IDEA OF PUTTING THINGS IN MENUGROUPS AS WE SEE IN WINDOWS. Goddamnit.

OH NOES!!! RENOISE IS TURNING INTO REBIRTH!!! :o

Yep, i also was emotionally attached to DOS and denied working in win’95 until i had no other options left.
I worked in Win’95 so long XP almost got released before i even considered working in '98.
But eventually i got used to it.
In Renoise, nearly nothing has changed in way of configuring things, they have only be moved and are still easily accessible if you just create this shortcut for it because you can.
You have no strong excuse for your complaint and there is nobody willing to join your side in this matter, even on the contrary: you only getting yourself flamed worse which i personally don’t find nessesary at all.
So basically the only advise for you left to give is just a matter of putting yourself back together emotionally, stop mocking and just get used to it.
You will probably get to this point one day you read back your complaint and that you say to yourself “What the hell was i thinking back then?”
End of discussion.
If this topic keeps going nowhere it will be closed.

Thaaank you for ur attention. Close this topic and Pin it.