Dj-mixes!?

glad to hear so, ashkan :)
but hold your horses a little bit, right after writing the above post, i noticed that something went wrong whilst uploading the mix to the site and it got cut off halfway into the mix.
have re-up it first :(

DJ Mixes uploading is actually highly illegal. Most important people turn blind eye towards that, as DJ mixes usually build revenue as clubs pay fees to the copyright guys and stuff. But if your mixes are not actually played in clubs you are in gray waters.

That would basically be “creating a mix tape” which violates several copyright laws.

@suva
i don’t know and actually don’t care as long as nobody is knocking at my door and such highly official looking sites like dj-mixes.com exist without having any trouble.

when i start to think about what stuff i am supposed or allowed to do and what not all day long, then i guess i canceled life and started being even more of a slave to the system than i and most of us already am / are.

and besides that, i am not mixing madonna, michael jackson or 50cent.
so i don’t think that anyone mentioned on the above playlist list would mind the exposure.

The fact that something exists in the internet, doesn’t mean it’s legal. Mixtaping is illegal.

Also the artist don’t matter. If they are protected by organizations like RIAA (most artists are), you may get prosecuted.

Apparently those organization see those people who upload mixtapes as beneficial. But there are been several cases where people have gotten punished for uploadimg mixtapes, they are relatively rare though. So don’t expect to get sued very easily.

In either way, never think it’s legal, it is not you are violating atleast two copyright laws: unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material, unauthorized modification of copyrighted material.

I don’t really do mixes meself, but there’s one mix I’d like to share with ye:

Dam-Funk - BoogieFunkMix

It’s roughly 50 mb in size and it’s just awesome. The mix was podcasted and some gentleman recorded it.

If you want to get to the right mood while listening to this mix, download it and record to a cassette. Then go outside and play the cassette from an old cassette player with used batteries so that the sound cracks up nicely. That’s when you’re doing it right.

If someone’s interested in the playlist, I can fetch it for you. Right now ain’t got the time.

“From Chicago To Castrop”

style: chicago / jackin’ / funky house
length: 151min
download | stream | go to site

playlist
erik bo & tony will - jazz heroes
erik bo & tony will - choose that groof
glen coates - nunchuck
jazzmopper j - slippery lil sucka
mario fabriani - windy chity theme
adobe one kenobi - lookin damn fine
joey youngman - back in the day
groove federation - scrubs
eternal sunshine - the deep chords dub
joey youngman - desperation
moba sound - i cant feel no better javi lopez mix
joey youngman - pimp radio
joey youngman - heritage
troydon & youngman - take chances
bobby & klein - naughty
joey youngman - doing my thing pirates life remix
the sound republic - pumpin’ enjoyment jason hodges rmx
jazzmopper j - 500 pound seduction
swirl people - wotcha gonna do
mr patron - give it up
joey youngman - the devil’s groove
bryan jones - round 2
< round 2 juggle >
terrance dizko - gonna party
mario fabriani - feelin’ it
the sound republic - system sprain fabriani remix
audiojacker - d4damager
mario fabriani - what you need
digital villains - i’m down count funkula’s rmx
movi star ft tyree cooper - happy people chicago vibe rmx
joey youngman - double stacked original mix
bryan jones - baby fever joey youngman rmx
mario fabriani - the answer may surprise you
vernon & dacota - on fire
barely legal - inside out
smart dog - dancin’ moves giom rmx
buck naked - stressed the fuck out
swirl people ft ingrid hakanson - love songs maeda dont you want my remix

labels:
fetish rec, aroma rec, jackin’ tracks, guess who?, &more.

I’ve played on loads of gigs but I never had to give a tracklist to the venue, so how are they going to pay the the artists or copyright organisations (< screw them by the way)? I paid my share of it when I purchased the vinyl and that’s more than enough.

Probably out of fashion now, and waaay shorter than the rest of what’s here…

A short breakcore set 15:33

1 - Fields of 'Nam - alexstrain
2 - Headstomp - alexstrain
3 - Sexual Harrassment - alexstrain
4 - megafastultrabreakcore - alexstrain + curly (live)
5 - sexualharrassmentlooper - alexstrain
6 - Message to an old friend - alexstrain

Fortunately, I don’t think theres any chance I’ll be suing myself ^_^

A bit old by now but what the heck: The Dance Ultimatum 2008

new one up:
http://www.dj-mixes.com/mixes.php?sub=9&expl=7187

direct:
http://www.dj-mixes.com/mixes7/brokenbeats…ken_320kbps.mp3

style:
broken beats / breaks

tracklist:
mr strom and prosper - hollyboot swinging
elektronaughts - bumper plumps remix
plump djs - system addict
cane matto - ain’t nuttin’ to it pt2
digitalis - mind games
dj killer - flow
fujin - block raid grizzla mix
jds - everybody singing
mortlock - evolutionary
meat katie and d ramirez ft oddissi - stop the revolution
mr no hands vs bassbin twins - adrenaline ltd
mortlock - the hex
nubreed - nufunk
pmt - necromancer
plump djs - snake eyes
shodan and offkey - boogie down
projectiles - splashback
breaker boyz - caution
peo de pitte ft yota - forget about you

http://www.loozabeats.de/category/music/mixsets/

Need to check the other mixes posted here. I wonder how I could have missed this thread before.

Got a few of my mixes up in 192kbs for stream and download at http://www.musicv2.com/artist/kazakore (although you may have to register to download after downloading 5 times.) Unfortunately the owner of the site took offence to me asking why he lowered the filesize limit to 125MB, which isn’t even big enough for a CD length 320kbs mix, and rated all my mixes 1 star out of spite and deleted the thread claiming I was trolling. Unsurprisingly I don’t recommend that site to anybody anymore.

Have start to upload new mixes in 320kbs to http://hosted.filefront.com/kazakore but only have my latest mix up there at the moment (and probably wont bother migrating the older ones.)

All mixes have a brief description and tracklist.

is that you on the musicv2-profile-pic? Means, have you been at that czechtek?

Yeah, was arrested and all :wacko: Lost my bag of favourite tunes in the bargain and all :(

Wow, shit. That event still haunts me, I had planned to go but the guys who wanted to take me with them cancelled the trip last minute and I am actually glad that I didn’t go. Don’t really want to get arrested in a foreign country where I don’t speak the language. And all the reports I read really made it sound like a war-zone there. :(

Yeah was a bit of a bummer. I didn’t even do anything I thought it would be silly to antagonise them and get arrested, just went near the front line with my friends to get some photos and got caught in the cross-fire as it were.

The records piss me off even more as my mate made me take them out of another mate’s van, where I said I wanted to leave them as they’d probably be safer (although all vehicles were getting trashed and some burnt.)

The protests and gathering in Prague afterwards were amazing though. The way everybody came together. Not felt anything really like it elsewhere. The next year’s party was wicked too.

You see the picture of the tank that was parked down on the motorway?

Yep, that tank was especially scary. I wonder who actually planned to drop shells on some people partying… totally insanse.

here’s a mix I recorded last night

http://www.zshare.net/audio/57951940cd2ac045/

1.The Leopard - Furesshu
2.Deep Step - Corticyte
3.Suburbia - Martyn
4.Action Potential - Jus Wan
5.Rimz - Skream
6.Moog Dub - 2562
7.Broken Heart (Martyn’s DCM Remix) - TRG
8.Prototype - Headhunter
9. Under The Dancing Feet feat.
Tiiu - (Tes La Rok Remix) - Uncle Sam