Do You Need To Use Some "stimulants" To Compose?

Lunat, I seriously doubt you are the voice of experience. I have used codeine myself exactly as I have recommended; here I stand. Further, I did not recommend codeine as a remedy to an overdose in progress, only as a preventative to an imminent OD response by the body. You can tell if you’ve gone too far by the rate of increase in heartrate. If this acceleration is too high but your heart isn’t dangerously fast yet, codeine can save you considerable pain. Valium would be better, but that’s generally going to be coming from the ambo supplies, not your medicine cabinet.

Being a smoker increases your caffeine tolerance significantly, but won’t prevent OD, no. It makes the threshold much higher though. I am a reformed smoker, again I am speaking from experience. I could not hope to consume 1g of caffeine today without worrying about having a heart attack… but when I used to smoke, I often had upwards of 6 energy drinks in a day, or a six-teaspoon coffee before work, no guilt.

I’ve not had any trouble taking 3 paracetamol tablets at once. As a once-off, this won’t have adverse effects unless you are susceptible to winning Darwin awards :) Despite this, I feel it is necessary to stress that my recommendations are intended specifically as a once-off response! Don’t keep doing this day after day, prolonged paracetamol administration has been linked to hepatotoxicity in many cases.

Not according to my sources. Tobacco and alcohol easily “out-kill” analgesics:

This data is 8 years old. If you have newer and/or broader data, by all means, present it.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents :)

I used to drink lots of coffee, my favorite being iced americanos. I quit smoking a few weeks ago and I think what was said above about smokers’ tolerance to caffeine is true because I suddenly got way more sensitive to caffeine. I’ve basically quit coffee and I only occasionally have diet pepsi now. The jitters were really freaking me out.

I do enjoy tea and recently I’ve been getting into yerba mate, but I’ve been drinking the teabags instead of the real stuff. Once I get my gourd, bombilla and some looseleaf that will probably become my main drink - it basically already is along with tea. The mental sharpening and clarity and balanced, healthy-feeling energy from it is wonderful but I’m already quite tolerant to the teabags so I think it’s time to invest in the necessary accoutrements for the real stuff.

I like ganja in small amounts. Too much makes me lazy and recently I’m becoming more concerned about participation in trade that benefits sleazy creepy douchebags. But just a little bit is wonderful, the creative juices are almost overwhelming. Torrents of great ideas and new angles and observations on personal tendencies and routines. Especially after meditating, which I think keeps me from getting lazy.

Drinking lots of water, eating right, and going for walks are also great ways to get creative energy. I tend to rely on combinations of gentle substances or techniques rather than the intense, extreme chemical slaps upside the head.

last night i was listening to the music i use to make while high on bad herb, stimulated on tramadol/ultram, caffiene & nicotine . lot’s of it was very poorly eq’d but…
thinking back to that time and hearing what i was making,
i was full of unlimited rage, while listening to and creating even more of my own brand of rage.
i realized again how it’s very easy to let your self become embraced with that type of negative, heavy & destructive power.

now i just have some green tea, a few bits of nicotine, while i transition toward apples andd oranges.

Yeah right, I’ve been using codeine as a painkiller for nearly 3 years now but I clearly don’t know what I’m talking about.

Well, it’s more likely the guy who takes paracetamol without any kind of knowledge who is susceptible to win the Darwin award. But hey, you took it once or twice and didn’t had liver damage so you know better than scientist or doctors, of course.

Thus I won’t lose time arguing with another random junk-head who knows things better about drugs than anyone else including doctors and searchers, I’ve done it thousands of time and it’s pointless.

Maybe you should work in medical research or in an emergency hospital, because preventing a caffeine overdose with codeine seems revolutionary :rolleyes: .

I have a friend who knows a lot about drugs (like you) which is actually self detoxing from opiates by taking massive amount of benzo. Junkies will always amaze me with their level of “scientific knowledge”.

That’s why you should grow your own stuff! Seriously.

Codeine/APAP should not be used as a routine medication for 3 years, because codeine’s strong addictive potential and concerns about its long-term safety in general. I sure hope you’re not taking it routinely.

The LD-50 of paracetamol is high (>15000mg) and hepatotoxicity is unheard of at 1500mg unless your liver is in very poor health to begin with.

The state-of-the-art in caffeine overdose response is still just ‘supportive treatment’, which means treating symptoms in an ad-hoc fashion as they occur. The main symptoms of concern are rapid heartbeat and increased blood pressure. Given the absence of effective sedatives in most households, OTC opiates and grapefruit juice will have to do.

im in rehab atm,have been since july 31,so no more drugs for me

Someone should remix this winner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhgoXZDA7ig

Drugs Drugs Drugs! Ask your mom or ask your dad!!!

What if they offer?

anyone else find it funny that this is in the tips & tricks section.

Voda with redbull is very good. I have found an energy drink that, in my opinion, that tastes much better than red bull called “Adrenaline Rush”. Try that with your vodka or my preferred mix which is “Adrenaline Rush” and
hennessy if you haven’t already. They go together perfectly.

Thank you for sharing that chart! It really gave some excellent insight.

This data is 8 years old. If you have newer and/or broader data, by all means, present it.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents :)
[/quote]

I’m using stimulants now , and aint composing shit.

:D

Personally, I do need to listen some music to take stimulants …
How bad is it doctor ???

Seriously, I do not NEED stimulants, but I like to do it. It’s my “before bed” ritual, I smoke a pot while trying some crazy shits on renoise. Sometimes I’m so concentrate on the song that I almost forgot the pot and it takes me one hour to smoke it.

I’m not sure this method’ll ever give me some professionals results, but when I wake up, I have the surprise of what I’ve created before sleeping :) .

:w00t:

Funny,

I just have a few drags on a joint go into a zone, 4 hours have passed somehow:? and I’ve done a few recordings :panic: :guitar:

small amounts of speed and weed are great. cant master unless sober.
dont agree with all the negativity about ket. its just like anything else, use and dont abuse. rubbish for writing tunes though!

Thats right use but don’t abuse but even using it is bad if your not in the right envierement. I tried it for a months a few years back nearly killed myself and I’ve had 3 friends die on it and know of others, but I won’t go on about that, lets just say they wasn’t in control of their body under the influence of ket and thats one of the things whats bad about it, your not in control of your self and anything can happen in this situation. Its a bad drug now, its like smack (Techno-Smack) to me but people don’t get the nasty come downs, people abuse it like crazy, fu**ing their brain cells, stomach and nose up, allot of addicts just take it all through the week, their tolerance is so high that it don’t effect them but their addicted and cant stop and are wasting their life’s away being a Monged out Zombie.

Each to their own though, their lifes do what they want :)

:drummer:

I occasionally pop an extra ritalin when I’m working.