Do You Need To Use Some "stimulants" To Compose?

JAH, praise thii evalivin & evalovin, the ONE KING

i am wankin.

edit: also i use to wurk. with cycle, EVEn here Sweden was sometimes 30 degrees ov celsius below the zer0.

only nuts)))because belkin is squirrel))) and i love nuts)

i tend to be more creative and active on renoise after a pint of milkshake.

This is the most powerful source of inspiration in history.

Super Emo Bros

I smoke and drink coffee but it never inspired me to make music. :D

Sometimes I use inspiration to compose (memories, music, images), but most of the time I just sit down and jam and experiment untill I get a sequence/sound/texture/whatever and transform it into a worthy composition. :)

I used to get my inspiration from the sound of certain tracks, but ik killed my creativity and motivation so I try to avoid this approach these days…

A very good stimulant is abstinance!

You stay away from renoise for one month… firsts times you ll sweat, hve hallucinations, get fever… When thoses effects ll stop it means that you desintoxrenoised!
Then you can switch it on again and i m sure you ll compose your best track :)

There’s this tea bar I have in my house. That’s what
I dunno how much buzz you get from tea, guys\girls, but I use this red Chianese ‘Pu-Er’ tea to get me started in the morning - it deals very successfully with laziness and has no caffeine! - which I call ‘creative brew’.
Then, later in the day if I get stuck writing texts or music (I’m also a writer) I use ‘Mate’ herbal tea to enhance ‘eye-reading’ capability and overall text recognition\verbal thinking. Although, I find ‘Mate’ slightly ‘muffling’ my sound perception.

Other than that… Well, I like to roll some spliff when playing my fretless 5-string in a good company of musicians. But alone - no, it’s just plain embarrassment and my mind goes in some kind of ‘endless cycles’…

But the best stimulant is inspiration. It can be found in the air.

It’s nice to see another bassist on here that uses renoise as well! I too get a lot of my ideas from jamming around on my bass or drums.

But yeah, caffeine definitely helps me stay focused.

B)

I use darkness, some caselights from my computer, i first listen some chiptunes…
i look at my hardware collection, the old stuff…
I unite with my retro stuff and, suddenly i’m that digital perfectionist once more! :yeah:

I always find expressing my current mood produces the best music . I think thats what separates good music from bad , as long as theres emotion there then it’ll always be good .

is masturbating count in as stimulant? if so… ;)

hahaha! :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

i drink heavily and ingest whatever substance it takes to get me through the night - but i wouldn’t say it enhances creativity - it just blocks everything else out…

Obviously no one drinks Indian/Pakistani made Chai. (not the Starbucks variety)Which is the staple of Asian cities that never sleep and would put New York to shame any day or night.

Earl Grey is great if you want a little energy boost. Chai is great if you want to stay awake for days. :)

Black Tea has great amounts of caffeine, way more than coffee beans. Chai is made from the blackest black tea leafs known to human kind.

If you’re interested you can probably pick up some leafs (in pellet form) from an Asian market or Indopak store.

You boil water, throw a good amount of pellets in, let in boil for a few minutes. Add some milk and sugar, let it boil a little more. Let cool, serve and you have yourself basically a legal form of natural speed without the greatly harmful affects of ingesting anit-freeze.

It pays to have a Pakistani woman. :)

You’re welcome.

I would agree.

SMOKERS
Smokers can disregard much of the following “don’t do too much caffeine” advice since I know from experience that the caffeine tolerance of smokers is huge (ie. it takes 3-4 times more to get to a racing pulse).

NON-SMOKER? HEART TROUBLE? TAKE CARE.
I would also recommend those who’ve had their heart “do the flip-flops” stay right away from this tea until they’ve worked out how strong it is, by starting with a tiny amount of brew, then ingesting steadily larger amounts over several days / weeks.

EQUIVALENT REPLACEMENTS
Replacements for this caffeine prep also include (fractions of) Fat Blaster Max tablets, No-Doz (100mg caffeine, more than two is risky), 1500mg Guarana (“smoother” effect than No-Doz)

HEAVY OVERDOSE?
Indicated by intense pains in the chest and shortness of breath.
Dial 911.
Prepare for a big fat dose of benzodiazepines or tranquillisers from your ambulance/hospital. Probably valium (Diazepam) to start you unless it’s looking really bad.

IMMINENT OVERDOSE CARE
Have codeine tablets and grapefruit juice on standby. If you think you are about to run into myocardial problems, take a single Tylenol 3 (or half a 4) and swig down a mouthful or two of grapefruit juice to potentiate it.

CODEINE REDOSE
Redosing after full effects is just about useless: codeine temporarily disables the enzymes responsible for metabolising it.

CODEINE, CAFFEINE, EUPHORIANT
The beautiful thing about codeine and caffeine together is that it’s a fantastic mood-lifter if you’re down, but you don’t get the jitters. Down here in Oz, 3 Panadeines (or 3 of any pill with 8-10mg codeine) will do the same thing. Effects are full in under an hour.

:blink:

After that warning label, think I’ll stay clear…(!)
Yerba mate looks interesting though, think I’ll get hold of that.

Never injested anything mind-altering for tracking before, don’t think I’ll start now either. Even though I’ve been told I must have done that or that to make this and that. Whatev. My mind is fairly offbeat as it is, and when I can control it and focus, I’m good and can track some. I’m just having some serious focus problems that stuff like weed etc would just mess up more. I think.

Anyway, a good glass of chocolate milk is the shit for tracking!

Having a pipe and some good tobacco always assists in tracking. Yerba Mate is also very nice for computer work.

I usually go for energy drinks or coca cola though.

Seriously where did you read this ? Taking codeine while having a caffeine overdose is plain stupid because both causes respiratory depression when overdosing, so using one of those when overdosing on the others will do nothing except making things worst. Not to notice that overdosing on codeine is way easier than on caffeine, so for someone who never experienced opiates and would take more than said above it would be a one way ticket to the coffin.

And still no, being a daily smoker won’t prevent you for overdosing on caffeine. When saying the sentence “overdosing and dying from caffeine” would have make people laugh less than 10 years ago. Today it’s really easy to overdose thanks to all those teenage/consumer friendly caffeine pills and energy drink (No Doz, Wiredx505, etc…).

Now even worst, you talk about Panadeines and say “takes 3 of them”, you’re fin stupid, 1 pill of those contain 500mg of paracetamol, the maximum dose human body is supposed to take is 1 gram at once, and not more than 4 takes per days, spaced with at LEAST 4 hours, and only for a few days. Paracetamol is the worldwide first cause of drug intoxication in the world thanks to lacks of knowledge. When you go above you’re fing up your liver, leading you to a certain death on mid term since, paracetamol intoxication’s symptoms are only felt when it’s days too late.

Now I won’t even say anything about the so lightly tone you use when talking about codeine which is the most easily available opiates on the market, and, the worst to withdraw to once you get addicted.

You’re fing stupid. f your body as much as you want but don’t spread those kind of bullshits on a public forum.

That’s why all those “what kind of drugs do you use while making music” always turn into shit, 99% of people using drugs have no f****ing knowledge about what they take, and worst, spread those misconceptions to others people.

we re talking about “stimulants” not about attacking an hospital to eat an inject all what is inside!
I started the topic with glass of champagne or vodka with redbull! and most of people drinks tea, have sex or whatever good things to stimulate themselves :)

daytime and morning: COFFE
evening: TEA
weekends: BEER
and yes: tons of TOBACCO!
smoking is bad, except from in Norway
and yes-oui oui: France.

and a constant supply of WATER for keeping me from going prune…