Does Renoise offer as much as Aodix yet?

https://web.archive.org/web/20090418130327/http://www.aodix.com/pageaodixv4.html

============================================================================================================
256 track, 256 pattern sequencer
Each track allows recording of events including chords and automation. Patterns have no fixed length. Both pattern using pattern calls and single-sheet operations are supported.
Full modular audio and MIDI routing
Forget old mixer paradigms. Aodix provides a flexible
modular net of audio and midi (events) connection wires between VST Instances, allowing complex audio/midi routing schemes, and you could sync your favourite step sequencers or MIDI event processors with Aodix main sequencer easily.

32-bit float sample precision
Aodix maintains sample precision to 32-bit float, from input all the way to the output.

Up to 960 PPQN timestamp precision
The midi point precision can be 960 PPQN, allowing a wide range of quantization settings, down to 1 point.

Enhanced recording and editing functions
Several recording and editing modes are available, combining online/offline, step/step-free, live-scroll on/off, quantization, zooming, overwrite on/off, events record, parameter record, automation record, powerful midi-masking and usual functions such as Range, cut, copy, paste, delete, move.

Real-time record and automation
Events and parameters can be recorded real-time while playing, with PC keyboard and mouse and/or Midi Keyboard.
Automation parameter assignment allows a slider/knob on a midi keyboard to control one or more parameters in one or more plug-ins. The Midi Mask allows to avoid interference with midiCC, in case automation is preferred to midiCC.

Piano-roll track split view
Provides a powerful alternative tool to view and edit note events and is seamless integrated with the sequencer structure.

Pattern markers and pattern calls
For each pattern, up to 256 markers can be defined. Pattern calls (non-recursive) allow to call a pattern from any other one, pointing at a marker, defining transposition and velocity scaling.

Unfortunately Aodix doesn’t remember VST path locations when you open a previous project (at least, not in Windows 8, presumably not in Windows 7 either), so it’s pretty useless now because of that, but look at what it offered, and that was about six or seven years ago.

dont need to compare Aodix and Renoise
i didnt like aodix at all. Terrible piano roll , bad UI, irritating instrument, no midi out%%%. no sample loading, only vst.
the shit user interface and the workflow is kill everything

SORRY :D

This!

I tried many years ago the demo, after 1 day it was deleted from my computer. Ui is really bad.

Ignoring the UI then… what about all the features it offers.

I like how the thread title implies that Renoise doesn’t offer as much, yet the poster asks us about Aodix features. Why not try it out for yourself XG? Different folks have different taste, you might like it?

Pointless.

Arguru was on the good way, a pity he died too soon, but i bet it would have been revolutionary today if he had the chance to continue developing on it.

Please, tell me, why do I need that much of tracks? Most of my tunes barely use 16 tracks. Acqua Alta (the ambient song in my sig) use 5 tracks.

I’m using Renoise for 5 years or so, yet I don’t have any idea why do I need the stuff in the quote.

Renoise can do that.

Who the fuck needs a piano-roll in a tracker? Especially with Rewire support that allow you to connect Renoise with any other DAW supporting piano-roll.

Holy shit. Half of your posts on this forum are full of pointless whining. At the same time, your Soundcloud consists of some strange short sketches which are using Nexus, Omnisphere and alike.
Here’s the idea. You stop blaming Renoise devs for nothing and start using Buzz / FL Studio / whichever DAW you think that is better than Renoise. It will be better for all of us for sure.
Also, try programming real synths, not loading premade rompler presets. It’s so fun, believe me.

Oh dear… my, the natives are tetchy today, aren’t they…

Do you always lose your rag when somebody posts up simple questions? I wouldn’t describe my music as ‘strange’, I think you should listen to MOST of the songs in the Song forum, then compare…

It really is amazing, the way a bunch of nerds will get all het up about their ‘religion’ (their favourite DAW) and refuse to discuss anything about it reasonably.

Huh? “the thread title implies that Renoise doesn’t offer as much, yet the poster asks us about Aodix features”…

What?

The OP shows you what Aodix could do, some of which Renoise can’t, some of which people have been asking for for years. The first replies then consist of saying how rubbish Aodix’s interface is, completely ignoring all the things it can do, which Renoise can’t…

Talk about throwing your dummy out of the pram. Renoise is like a cult to some of you, isn’t it. Any questioning it is not to be allowed. Any suggestions for improvements are to be shouted down and greeted with over the top hissy fits…

I think Impulse Tracker is more outdated ^_^

Whatever, still pointless.

I used Aodix a little bit back in the days, that wasnt really fun, the vst support was not good and the GUI was really rough.

Yes, who needs all of the above, let’s moan about the GUI…

I wasn’t asking about the GUI of Aodix. I wasn’t comparing the GUI of Aodix to that of Renoise…

What do you mean by ‘pointless’, Garf? Oh, discussing improvements to Renoise isn’t allowed, that’s what you mean…

Because comparing apps is a never ending story, you can always pick up an old app and say “hey, this app had this and that, why dont yours?”.
I mean what the fuck man, you demand features because another app have had them.

Your mother must be working hard.

My answer to your “simple question” is more than reasonable.
tl;dr: Renoise doesn’t offer half of these features. However, they’re not crucial at all when you’re talking about writing music. Instead, as was mentioned above, Renoise offer nice, intuitive GUI and incredibly fast workflow, boosted by keyboard shortcuts. And those are definitely crucial.

No, I don’t “always lose my rag when somebody posts up simple questions”, and it wasn’t a case anyway.
Yes, Renoise is somewhat a cult and religion for me and many other people here. But, seriously, explain me, why can’t I love the program that let me create music that fast and comfortable? This is absolutely normal, don’t you agree?

The main purpose of DAW is to write music, you know. It’s not about 256 tracks or insanely precise quantisation or “full modular audio and MIDI routing” (whatever it means). If you can write good music in DAW fast and comfortable enough, then (and only then) it’s a good DAW. I don’t know what is your point of view, but mine I guess will make sense for many people.

Listen to these tunes. They’re beautiful. And yes, were written in Renoise. Xerxes, Lackluster and B-Complex are all here, on this forum. I can’t think of a best proof why Renoise is great and completely usable as is.

Now, please, answer me: why exactly Renoise need those Aodix features?
Another question: what’s so wrong with Renoise by now that people can’t write music using it? What features are broken so badly and what are definitely missing?
Those questions should be really simple to you. And, please, try talk without all that bullshit about cults and nerds this time. Otherwise this thread has no sense at all.

Folks he’s trolling. Don’t get sucked in.

The workflow is nowhere near as fast as in Buzz… But now you’ll tell me that it doesn’t matter, blah blah.

Nothing wrong with loving a program, everything wrong with not wanting to listen to suggestions for IMPROVING it…

This is laughable. The problems with the Pattern Matrix are quite clear. Just because somebody wrote fantastic music in Renoise in no way means nor proves that it is as good as it can be, nor as easy to use as it can be. You don’t want people to even be able to DISCUSS potential improvements to the interface, so yes, you DO have a problem…

You can write music with Impulse Tracker, so should we stop using Renoise? You are clutching at straws because you can’t stand to hear that your ‘god’ isn’t perfect, it’s embarrassing. If you really believe Renoise is perfect as it is, why haven’t you told the devs to stop work on it? You don’t even understand why you are saying what you are saying…

Aodix has pattern zooming, full MIDI routing (which presumably means we can use VST arpeggiators like Catanya, etc.), stuff like that.

I can’t actually believe that Garf said “Because comparing apps is a never ending story, you can always pick up an old app and say “hey, this app had this and that, why dont yours?”.I mean what the fuck man, you demand features because another app have had them.”

Really? Where have I “demanded” any features? Again - you don’t want people to even TALK about any improvements to Renoise, do you…

Like I said - plainly you are both being irrational - you want to silence any suggestions that Renoise isn’t already perfect (so as I just said, why aren’t you telling the devs to cease working on it), just because you worship at the altar of Renoise… how sad is that.

So Garf - if I see a good feature in an OLD app, I shouldn’t be allowed to talk about it on this forum? So all development on Renoise should cease? What if something like Redux was available in an ‘old app’, would you be criticising that too?

You don’t even know why you’re having a go at me, it’s pathetic.

Read another thread if people THINKING bothers you so much. Stop trying to prevent other people from coming up with suggestions and new ideas.

Translated: “Stop talking about improving Renoise, it scares me.”

Please find another thread and ignore this one, let the intelligent members discuss things that you obviously have a problem with…

Wow, really. You actually looked up his soundcloud to start bitching about the content. Get shot in the crotch with a shotgun.

I’m starting to regret I wrote something in this thread. It’s pointless indeed.

Why fix what isn’t broken?

Problems with Pattern Matrix? What problems exactly? I already guess they’re highly subjective.
VST arpeggiators? Yeah, let’s load some presets like Dance Bass 05 or Hip Hop Piano 11 and call it a day. Premade melodies are so fun, aren’t they? Who cares about phrases we got in 3.0 or internal arpeggiators that almost all VSTi have.

You could go to Image-Line forum and start topic about, I don’t know, lack of tracker interface in FL. It’d have as much sense as this thread.

Anyway, I didn’t hear any reasonable answers to my questions. I was actually expecting them.
“Why do you need those Aodix features? Because Renoise should be improved! New functions! Improvements!”
For what? You’re either trolling or don’t have any idea what you’re talking about.

Well, to hell with it.

You are ridiculous and it’s still pointless.
If you want or need a feature then i’m sure you know how to do that properly.

nvm