[Done 2.7] Ability To Create Ramps In Automation

The automation in Renoise needs a proper upgrade, not a quick fix!
This include better preset storage options ;)

bumping this one again. 2.6 was released, the devs should have all the time in the world right now :P

I slipped into the I&S forum to post this very thread, and here it is.

We need the following:

• two points per line
  • tick level point placement
  • automation curves for each point (linear, bezier, logarithmic/exponential, and maybe even wave)

The automation in Renoise is very very disappointing. I am a huuuuge Renoise fanboy, but this drives me away every time I try to automate something even remotely complex.

2.7 guys. Come on.

Noticed this too, fixed points per line for automation doesn’t make sense…

+9001 for automation “fix” from me too…

I like the current solution. I am not a supporter of placing the automation in the matrix pattern just to get it looked nice. Instead, I propose to create an opportunity to preview a few curves automate parameters in one frame. For example, if we are automating for the 3 parameters: cutoff, resonance and drive, they are all displayed simultaneously in a minimized version. When you select from a list of parameters, then maximize it to full size, and the rest are still minimized. Since the frame of the automation is too small to display a 5 (or more) curves of which one would be maximized, should appear on the sides or rolls to be able to scroll the curves up or down. Unless the frame with automation curves will have the ability to scale (Y axis).

and of course +1 for ramps

yes!
i thought the matrix (formerly arranger) would do this job.
and i hope the guys in charge read it.

more values on the effects column please and the addition of saving values in the fx column to the automation editor and back :P

Yes. This would be super handy.

+1000 for higher-res autmation and more types of curves.

Bump for new year.
And +1000 for dense point automation. Currently it’s impossible to record MIDI instruments/controllers with sufficient resolution.

My vote for hi-res beziers!!!

+inf

+FF

I want to rock my faders again!!!

I have good hope in this happening since this bug showed up a while ago… :)

I live in automations. This would be great for me, tired of creating duplicates lol

+1

Thanks, guys. You’ve made a lot of people happy, I presume. This next release looks awesome.

So incredibly happy.

Now we just need variable curves for each point and I’m set.

+1