Dragging midi file into renoise

Hi all, it will be wonderful if when you drag a midi file into renoise sequencer you can choose if create a new file or put the midi data into the current track/pattern. it is the case of some plugins that can drag midi data into the sequencer (mt power drum kit)…

thanks

you could open two instances and thru-copy-paste content, if that helps…

I’ll try, but this is not whathappen with cubase, flstudio, sonar…

The problem is that when I drag the midi data from plugin to sequencer, renoise close and open a new one with midi data but with no more plugin… then you have to “reload” the plugins…

Yes, Renoise just does not support proper MIDI item import at the moment. I will always import it as a Song instead.

The problem is that when I drag the midi data from plugin to sequencer, renoise close and open a new one with midi data but with no more plugin… then you have to “reload” the plugins…

Dragging a MIDI item from a plugin onto the Renoise window is no different from dragging it from e.g. an Explorer/Finder window.
Renoise will attempt to load the MIDI file as a song/document, replacing your current one.

The trick, as Jurek points out, is to have two Renoise instances. Then you drag from the plugin onto the other Renoise instance, and copy whatever parts you want back into the first one.