Duplex: Layout For Mackie Control Universal Pro

Hi All,

it took me less time than expected to make work my MCUPro layout with Renoise 3.1 and Duplex 1.05.

It is pretty much in the same state as it was 2 years ago, you can give a try…

I’ll try to improve it in the next days…

1 Like

well,
it is not in the same state as before…the automation isn’t working from the MCUPro.
when i want to change a fader position while in record mode, it triggers an error from the automation.lua file,

.\xLib/classes/xAutomation.lua:114: variable ‘xStreamPos’ is not declared

didn’t even noticed this xlib…i need to take a look at that but:
my code is like 4 years ago and it did handle the automation at that time, so in term of compatibility with automation functions,
if someone have any tips about that…it can save me some time…

Sorry for spamming…lol
If you have a MCUPro and want to try it go ahead with duplex 1.07 that fixed my error…

com.renoise.Duplex.v1.07b.API5.xrnx

Thanks Danoise…

Has the panning been sorted out for this yet?

I’ve a newish controller (Nektar T6 Panorama) that uses some of the MCU spec, but the panning seems to be disabled in the stock Mackie Control config/layout that comes with Duplex installs. The controller outputs 1 for CW and 65 for CCW encoder turns. That seems to be the spec right? So this is relative?

Does this config/layout fix that?

Thanks

Hi Boonier,
don’t know exactly about Nektar T6, but my MCU Pro protocol is a little different than standard mackie Control (the one available in the duplex tool), and specifically about the knobs.
I don’t remember well, but there was an offset in CC messages for in and out of the same knob. Like for knob 1 if it sends CC32, then the MCU expects receiving its control change on CC44. I had to modify the sending CC function in my MCU midi device to make it work…but it is working well now, and yes this is relative.
You can take a look on the MCU_PRO class i wrote in my zip file…

Cool nice one thanks

is that the zip date April 10th 2015? Duplex: Layout For Mackie Control Universal Pro

No the one you found is too old for renoise 3.x.x.
You need to find one from the 3 or 5 of january this year (17 days ago).
I cannot find it right now as i’m confused with the new forum design…
I’ll post it again later tonight if it did disapear…

OK,
i just found one with me at work that should be the last working one.
And i understand zip files are not authorized here anymore…
I did put it on my google drive, her you go:
MCU PRO for Renoise 3.1

2 Likes

ahh thanks mate

(having to write more characters to pass minimum 20 needed to post!!)

Anyone tried this with Icon QCon Pro X?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for making this. I have a Presonus Faderport 8. I was getting an error using this because it could not find the MCU device, which seem to be constants in the code.

I changed all of the lines in the MCUPro_*.lua files to be:

device_name = “PreSonus FP8”

and then it worked fine. Could you make the device name configurable so it doesn’t crash at startup?

2 Likes

Hi Valankar,
sorry i was on an Alien Planet all this time…
I’ll try to make the device name configurable, but AFAIK i got some trouble trying it when i wrote the tool.
Nee to spend time on it.
Meanwhile if anyone got any problems with the tool, it’s time to tell me what you would like to fix or improve.
For now the last tool for Renoise 3.1 from my google drive is still working well on 3.2 with my MCUPro.

Hello.
Ive got a Mk1 Mackie Control (grey and black version with no usb) I thought I would give this a go and added to to Duplex. However, when I try and Lauch it, I’m getting this error come back from Duplex: " Whoops! Device Configuration Contains Unknown MCU_Pro_Transport.

Any ideas to what this might be?
Cheers

Schoolboy error, I think I had it in the wrong folder. However, Now Im getting this error when I try and lauch it:

‘C:\Users\studio\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.3.0\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx’ failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (danoise [bjorn.nesby@googlemail.com]) for assistance…

std::logic_error: ‘trying to open a non existing MIDI device.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘create_output_device’
.\Duplex/Applications/MCUPro_MixerMode.lua:41: in function <.\Duplex/Applications/MCUPro_MixerMode.lua:29>
[C]: in function ‘?’
.\Duplex/BrowserProcess.lua:305: in function ‘instantiate’
.\Duplex/Browser.lua:744: in function ‘set_configuration’
main.lua:40: in function ‘create_browser’
main.lua:54: in function ‘show_duplex_browser’
main.lua:239: in function main.lua:238

Hi,
I still can’t get this to launch on Renoise after months of trying. The only thing I can think of is it’s not compatible with version 3.3 as It can’t seem to launch the MPU_Pro_Transport lua - the error is Device Configuration Contains Unknown MCU_Pro_Transport. Would be nice to try and get it working :slight_smile:

Yeah I was getting errors all over the place with random things in Duplex after remapping the Launchpad stuff to Launchpad mini mk3.

I’d love to see Duplex fully working again, but right now it’s very crashy with Renoise 3.3

Hi,
the tool (Duplex+MCU_Pro) is still working great on my setup Renoise 3.3.2
It’s been a very long time i didn’t put an eye on the code so i almost forgot how i’ve done thigs in it!
I know that one of the main problem is that the tool is looking for a midi port name “MCU Pro USB v3.1” to work properly.
If your trying to use it with another midi in/out port, you should replace every instance of “MCU Pro USB v3.1” in the code by your device midi port name.

Hi Rent_demon,
Thanks for getting back to me. Is that in the MPU_Pro_Transport lua ?

Ahhhhrrrrrrr Stilolo going round in circles. I have changed every instance and am getting this now. renamed everything to the midi port name in all the scripts.

‘C:\Users\studio\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.3.2\Scripts\Tools\com.renoise.Duplex.xrnx’ failed to execute in one of its menu entry functions.

Please contact the author (danoise [bjorn.nesby@googlemail.com]) for assistance…

std::logic_error: ‘trying to open a non existing MIDI device.’
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ‘create_output_device’
.\Duplex/Applications/MCUPro_EffectMode.lua:42: in function <.\Duplex/Applications/MCUPro_EffectMode.lua:30>
[C]: in function ‘?’
.\Duplex/BrowserProcess.lua:305: in function ‘instantiate’
.\Duplex/Browser.lua:744: in function ‘set_configuration’
.\Duplex/Browser.lua:479: in function ‘set_device’
.\Duplex/Browser.lua:690: in function ‘set_configuration’
main.lua:40: in function ‘create_browser’
main.lua:54: in function ‘show_duplex_browser’
main.lua:239: in function main.lua:238

It looks like you didn’t rename well the midi device in the line 40 of the file “MCUPro_EffectMode.lua”.

local device_name = “MCU Pro USB v3.1” in my case…

line 40
Thanks for the reply,
Here is my file, as you can see, I have changed it to what my midi device is, but sadly its generating the error above.