Easy overview of automated parameters?

I’m looking for a way to easily - preferably in some kind of floating window? - overview the selected parameters that are automated in my track.

For example, if I have:

• bassline - with varying cut-off and resonance (in VST),

• chords - with varying flanger level (in track FX),

• drums - with varying send to delay (in track FX),

• lead - with varying distortion (in Instrument) and send to reverb (in track FX).

Renoise allows me to easily automate them or assign MIDI controller to each, but at the end of the day I’d like to be able to somehow see all those parameters at once: where they are right now.

Maybe there’s already a user-made tool that does that (that I missed in my search)?

Not that I’m aware of. Closest thing would be the toggle in the automation envelope box which lets you filter out parameters that are not automated. I use this constantly, very handy. But it does require you to switch between parameters.

And, eh, I can always tease you with mockup pictures. One is allowed to dream :slight_smile:

As a tool author, it would be pretty nifty to have access to the envelope editor… then we could actually write this sort of thing ourselves

There have been tool(s) that set the visibility of parameters in the mixer view to show only automated parameters. This is quite close to the need of at least monitoring all automated values at once. What is lacking is that the mixer view won’t show the exact values (unless your click a slider with the mouse).

If there was a toggle in the mixer view, to for example show the exact value under each visible parameter/slider, we would get the desired result? I think that would be a very sensible (and fairly simple) addition to the mixer view.

Not that I’m aware of. Closest thing would be the toggle in the automation envelope box which lets you filter out parameters that are not automated. I use this constantly, very handy. But it does require you to switch between parameters.

And, eh, I can always tease you with mockup pictures. One is allowed to dream :slight_smile:

As a tool author, it would be pretty nifty to have access to the envelope editor… then we could actually write this sort of thing ourselves

Yeah, I liked that mockup, but I don’t really need to see the whole development over time - just current values, ideally as a dials.

Something similar to Instrument Macro, but instead of being restricted to just the specified instrument, connected with whatever parameters I’d like.

It doesn’t even need to write to them, just for overview :slight_smile:

What I really want to achieve is to have my MIDI controller control several parameters and that I could see where they are without switching tracks & windows. Isn’t your Duplex tool doing something like that?

What I really want to achieve is to have my MIDI controller control several parameters and that I could see where they are without switching tracks & windows. Isn’t your Duplex tool doing something like that?

Indeed. It’s the Duplex Effects “application”, let’s you filter by automated parameters in a track. I somehow missed the part where you said you wanted this to work with a MIDI controller :slight_smile:

Heck, you don’t even have to use a controller to make use of this application. To see it in action, launch e.g. the Akai LPD8 configuration (because it’s simple) and go into Settings. Then choose “Automated parameters (track)” for the option called “Param. subset” .

Indeed. It’s the Duplex Effects “application”, let’s you filter by automated parameters in a track. I somehow missed the part where you said you wanted this to work with a MIDI controller :slight_smile:

Heck, you don’t even have to use a controller to make use of this application. To see it in action, launch e.g. the Akai LPD8 configuration (because it’s simple) and go into Settings. Then choose “Automated parameters (track)” for the option called “Param. subset” .

Ok, thanks! Will check it out & come back with questions (if there will be any) :slight_smile: