Export Midi File?

I ve read this proposition somewhere but i can t find it… sorry :( but Yeah export midi file without external plugin, directly from renoise :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: pleaaaaaaaase… please please please … pleaaaaaaase

Like that i can load it in my sampler directly, that would improve my workflow for preparing live acts so muuuuch
It s so hell to compose melodies on hardware sequencers…

There are currently two ways to export MIDI.

XRNS-PHP: https://forum.renoise.com/t/xrns-php-using-windows/20469
.NET Renoise Tools: https://forum.renoise.com/t/nrenoisetools-a-renoise-xrns-xrni-library-and-tools-in-net/23155

I’m guessing you already knew that and you still want it “inside” renoise, but I fail to see why. Probably took longer to post with “rolling eyes smilies” than to figure out the above two tools.

i ll explain why i want it inside…

i am working on hardware… and i am composing on renoise
with thoses tools i have to save my file, open with the plug then export

if it s inside i am making a melody, i would clik on export directly on my hardware memory (g: at home :P) like that i can test and modify really fast
i m working on quite old hardware that s why they don t have computer interface to improve composition, as renoise is the best sequencer ever, i like to use it nearly as fast as if it was a part of my hardware.

… ok that might interest just me maybe :(
anyway i just ask and i promise i won t use rolleyes anymore :D

Well, it’s a good suggestion. I’m just pointing out the current workarounds.

Also, if you are working with MIDI hardware. Why aren’t you connecting the hardware directly to Renoise via a MIDI cable?

You can compose in real-time, and when you’re happy with everything, go through the process of exporting to disk.

Never mind, I see now.

Maybe ebay for the cable?

Option 3: Modify the xrns2midi PHP code to accept input from cut & paste?

If you look at clip2code, you “paste” your data and it spits out the conversion. You don’t have to save the file.

A few hours of hacking xrns2midi and you could do the same.

Midi export would be good for renoise…

i Tried this plugin but it doesnt export to midi corectly according to instrument, i tried to setup every instrument by its chanell and program number but half of the song converts only to piano (program 1)…

In Renoise, any amount of instrument can go on any amount of tracks.

In MIDI sequencers, it’s one instrument per track.

I can’t speak for .Net Renoise Tools, but XRNS-PHP xrns2midi compensates this automatically.

If you are having problems, open a bug report with a test XRNS so someone can fix it.

Just because it’s in Renoise, doesn’t mean it will work better. Someone, somewhere, has to fix it.

It starts with you.

I have been trying to use both .NET and the XRNS-SF tools to create MIDI files with little success. the .NET tool seems to make empty MIDI files … and the XRNS-SF file says that it has run the script successfully but then no MIDI file shows up.

Here is the XRNS file I’m trying to convert. I’m using 1.9.1 BTW.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/83xwmz

Worked using XRNS-PHP here. Try specifying a target folder and don’t put it in the root of a drive. If i remember right PHP won’t allow this.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but I can’t get this file to convert to MIDI. I’ve tried specifying different target folders with no luck. I haven’t had problems converting other XRNS files, but with this one I run the XRNS2MIDI and nothing happens. It’s very frustrating.

Have you tried opening the console of the frontend? The script might spit out an error message there, which might give a hint why it fails.

Here is your conversion for now: http://www.sendspace.com/file/878dnn

Big ups for that. I just tried running it with the console open and got this error message:

Warning: UnzipAllFiles() return_val was 50
Error: There was a problem unzipping the first file.

I’ve found the cause of this error. It’s a windows limitation… the maximum length of path including filename can’t exceed 260 chars in non unicode applications, which happens in your case. Instrument 03 has a very long name for the instrument and sample name, which would result in an extraction path similar like this on a standard windows system:

c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Username\Lokale Einstellungen\Temp\xrns2midi_36eca5744992b2bb01b53611ec33c2dd_Track01\SampleData\Instrument03 (UWT01 49 Bathtub - Bath Tub Filling Slowly, Underwater)\SampleData\Instrument03 (UWT01 49 Bathtub - Bath Tub Filling Slowly, Underwater)\Sample00 (UWT01 49 Bathtub - Bath Tub Filling Slowly, Underwater).flac  

That’s way over 300 chars and the unzipping process fails because of this. You can manually overide this by creating manually a new temp folder eg. “C:\Temp”, then open xrns2midi.php in the scripts subfolder from the frontend, go to line 58 and change it from:

$tmp_dir = '/temp';  

to:

$tmp_dir = 'c:\temp';  

After that it should work fine for you.