I’m pleased to share with the Renoise community the availability of the open source project NRenoiseTools on codeplex.
NRenoiseTools provides a .NET collection of tools to easily manipulate XRNS Renoise Song and XRNI Renoise Instrument File Formats.
This project is composed of :
- A Common library NRenoiseTools that contains almost everything to easily manipulate XRNS and XRNI files in any .NET Languages
- A List of tools to convert, extract Xrns / Xrni Renoise files. Currently, NRenoiseTools supports the following tools (if you want to add your own tools, let me know)
o A Xrns2Midiconverter able to convert a XRNS song to a Midi AMF 1/2 File format.
o A Xrns2Xrniextractor able to extract all the instruments from a song and save them to independent XRNI files.
- The XsdRenoiseParser specially developed to build an optimized XSD based on the original XSD Renoise Model files (RenoiseSong, RenoiseInstrument, RenoiseDeviceChain).
- Supports for multiple platforms : NRenoiseTools can be used on Windows, but also on Linux or Mac (using the Mono 1.9.1 project)
- An optimized Renoise model extracted from Renoise XSD Files. The generated model in NRenoiseTools is 10 times smaller than the original XSD model from Renoise.
o Original Renoise Model is slightly extended while still being compatible to provide additional inheritance between XML schema complex types.
o With the use of partial class feature on C# language, Renoise Model is extended with additional methods to facilitate its use.
- Use of builtins pre-generated Xml serializers-deserializers for faster loading/saving of Renoise files.
- Easily manipulates Renoise Songs and Renoise Instruments: Load and Save on Song and instruments.
- A SongIterator to easily iterate in a Song (on Patterns, Tracks, Notes, Effects…Etc) and facilitate the conversion process of a RenoiseSong.