Famous Trackers

from http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/FrontPage

Famous People – who are using LSDj → http://wiki.littlesounddj.com/FamousPeople?v=19jc

LSDJ = Little Sound DJ = Tracker Software for Nintendo GameBoy

cheers, cAMEL

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

LMAO at all the Richard Devine mentions. Devine is the ultimate gear whore - he uses everything. And if it’s a new synth (hard or soft), there’s a 32.718% chance he got paid to do some presets for it.

Apart from Vsnares, the most famous artist I know of who uses trackers exclusively (as opposed to “it’s one of 500 toys in my studio brimming with gear”) is Ilkae. The debut album Pistachio Island is oh-so-highly recommended as a starting point if you’ve never been introduced. One of the all-time best sellers on the Merck label.

Not just rumor - the Analord series of 12" records was done entirely on analog instruments. To my ears, his best work in ages - which is a testament to the power of limitations as a spur to creativity.

A selection of tracks from the now out of print series is on the Chosen Lords CD. Great stuff!

Quoted for truth. There’s nothing wrong with us wanting to learn the techniques behind new sounds, but there’s also nothing wrong with an artist wanting the focus to stay on their art, not the process it came from.

Nomy WAS a FT2 user in the late 90´s, before he started to make metall/hardrock or wathever, but he´s not a tracker these days… So,I guess we cant count him as a famous tracker either… :drummer:

Drum n Bass producer Polska also uses Renoise: http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/features/polska-free-track.html

I do remember that Martin Iveson aka Atjazz (Spaceman , Nuke) was used Tracker in 90s.

dj hidden / ophidian / noisekick / neophyte were or still are trackers!

I saw this picture on the front page of thequietus.com and was like “hey! renoise!”

Never heard of Anodyne before… the music seems pretty good…cool interview.

anodyne is great. check out that recent album. proper ravey stuff.

wow. is Andrew Sega famous? He took my place in Stromkern right after I quit the band as a live kb player… Kelly Shaffer was the other kb player in stromkern who pretty much wrote all of “Armageddon” and a good portion of “Light it up” in Buzz Tracker while Ned wrote lyrics and played guitar and a bit of kurzweil.

mulder from the urban takeover (aphrodite&micky finn’s label) did some of his his music in octamed tracker including the most known remix to rockafeller skank by

fatboy slim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG1CLi_Fjkw

martsman from germany is using buzz tracker for his exellent dnb productions

Most of the Urban Takeover/Aphrodite stuff at least featured an Amiga and tracker. Was a documentary featuring them I saw years ago but never managed to track it down again.

Hey, I didn’t know we have such people here on the forums :)
I’ll tell you honestly I am a fan of Stromkern’s music…
Talking about Andrew, I got to know about him more from Iris and of course the demoscene, but I admit Sega’s isn’t that famous, nevertheless I successfully hooked some people on his music. =D
I guess he just doesn’t want to achieve what he could have… Maybe I’m wrong, just my opinion.

Dabrye:
For real. Scream, Fast, All-Sound, I’m on Renoise now. No hi-res candy knobs. Just straight to the point.

link

I saw someone mention Unter Null on here. I’m pretty sure Erica doesn’t use trackers. Last time I spoke to her she was using Logic.

I love Andrew’s stuff, but unfortunately I think he’s only famous to people like us.

He seems to do well enough with soundtrack work and stuff. I wish he would put out another alpha conspiracy album though; he does great instrumentals.

If we’re reaching into merck records alum obviously there’s forum-frequenter esaruoho/lackluster.

I think this topic is starting to shift from “famous trackers” to “famous among trackers” though.

EDIT: whoops this was meant to be in response to the ilkae comment…

He himself may only be known to other trackers, but the band Iris he’s one half of, has a wide distribution and is probably more known than many other electronic artists mentioned in this thread.

breakage used a tracker (i heard somewhere it was modplug) , anyway awesome dnb/dubstep producer

awesome. Tadd is one great musician

yeah Breakage definitely used to use modplug tracker.

Paradox still uses an Amiga and Octamed LIVE! At least was only a couple of years ago.