seems that ugress is using renoise

http://www.ugress.com/post.asp?id=1055
http://www.ugress.com/post.asp?id=1311

and where this ugress guy is famous from…well from telly! :D
some years ago there was commercial in finland from dressmann
and this track was background music on that

slowly-batistine-walking starts from point 0:44

Aaah, my bad! Need to learn how to wiki :P

Well in this interview he only mentioned Nuendo and Logic when talking about performing live (neither of which would be many people’s choices.)

Again here (and from this year) it mentions Logic (although the images aren’t working.)

http://designingsound.org/2010/01/richard-devine-special-studio-tour-part-2/

also

The only place I’ve seen him mentioned alongside Renoise is on this site.

i saw aphex using buzz one time
buzz is awesome!

Haha. :P

Regarding Renoise: 4th row, 2nd column:

Also, I hear rumor that Renoise is spreading virulently in the professional electronic music community

And regarding Max/MSP: Audiohead.net - Interviews - Richard Devine

Ahh cool, so he’s in the Renoise MySpace group, although not seen it mentioned in the interviews with him I’ve read.

I know he uses Max/MSP, especially Max For Live from what I’ve read. Not really something I’d consider a tracker, per se…

I’m pretty sure, like many professional electronic musicians, he probably uses every bit of software that he can get his hands on.

And yes, Max/MSP isn’t a tracker… though I’m sure you could probably develop one inside it :P

Akira Kiteshi :yeah:

Hi, I like Drukqs & Richard D. James album a lot, and Im curious about how he makes that music. I like to try different Software, but the two that I really use are Renoise (first) and Live. I cant Rewire for the moment, so I work with Live OR Renoise.
The question: Why do you think he was using Ableton Live??? Some of his songs sound very looped, but others (a lot of the Drukqs songs) sound like tracked.
I know, the most important thing is your artistic capabilities and skills, not the tool, but, for example, making a V. Snares song in Reaper seems pretty dificult : )

Australian Dictionary of Biography, Volume 14, source: Wikipedia, keyword: “famous tracker”

Venetian Snares :D

HAHA that made me poop alittle :w00t:

Cristian Vogel uses Renoise
proof:

serious ?
That sounds awfull
I remember some patches he made for the nord modular ( way back ), now those were serious bad ass patches ,.and of course his old lp’s
But this …dear lord

Quite like this actually :) , not familiar with this artist’s previous output, maybe that helps :) . Am wondering how he did those theme color automations.

No one mentioned Andrew Sega? AKA Alpha Conspiracy, aka Necros? Maybe it’s just me being hooked up on him, and he uses Buzz mostly.
He mentioned Renoise a couple of times here and here.
He says “it lost that tracker charm”. I hope nobody treats that as an insult.
Anyway, I love his music.

hahaha, +1

Liam used Roland W30s (two) exclusively to sequence (and not as samplers) until “Always Outnumbered…” where he used Reason (and just the NN-XT samplers)

I think Luke vibert was using old Trackers before he moves to hardware and Reason.