Final Dead Dog Renoise Competition

Working on the song right now. :drummer:

That’s what I like to hear! :)

We have two entries in already and over a week to go so hotting up to be a good one I think. Looking forwards to hearing what you all come up with for this one! :D

Do you have to use the MUST USE sample in its entirety, or is it okay to cut it up and say use a few barks and pieces of it?

Feel free to cut and chop as you feel fit. Up to you if you just want to use a singular dog bark or gunshot, for example.

I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking I must read before asking DOH! I’ll try let the dogs out

To be fair it’s always better safe than sorry. Plus that quote could still be inferred as the sample has to remain whole but could be processed beyond recognition. The intention was you can do as you wish with it, including only using a small snippet if that’s all you want to use. :)

helo! how should exactly the entry process look like? where to send the files etc?

PM the files to me. You will have to upload them somewhere first. EG your own server space or Mediafire

Entry has to have a .xrns file which can play with a standard install of Renoise 2.8.1. It is useful if you can also provide a rendered version, 320kbs mp3 is the preferred but lower rate or even Flac will be accepted (wavs will be converted to flac.) If you are a Demo user and can’t render (or just don’t for whatever reason) then I will render the file and convert to 320kbs mp3 for the vote pack, unless specifically asked to encode at a different rate.

I hope that answers your questions.

I have a feeling it’s gonna be some mean competition this round. B)

and I even didn’t started a thing for now… I simply got no idea at all about what to do :unsure:

after a full year of releases into the DDRC music section, I’m afraid that listeners allready know my style

I suppose that this time it won’t be as easy as usual, with all those entries from skilled trackers

I really need to move my ass right now because I won’t have a minute for renoise next week…

Edit : okay :guitar: I’ve found some ideas, and worked on the tune 6 7 hours ! :yeah:

:drummer:

I was about to buy Renoise and I saw that competition!
I’m definitly in!
Is it okay if I use renoise Version 2,7,2?

As long as the song plays on 2.8.1, which any created on older versions should do, then it will be accepted.

You can also use the Demo of 2.8.1 and submit the .xrns only, from which I will render an audio file for the voting pack.

Track sent via PM !

Good luck to the other participants !

B)

Meant to update/remind yesterday lunchtime but it slipped my mind…

A little under a week left to submit your music, time to GET TRACKING!!!

UUGH! I haven’t even started yet! Hoping for a quiet weekend with lots of inspiration (read: beer) and Renoise.

woof

PM sent a while ago.

Kazakore - hopefully you recieved this ok?

Yeah I’ve seen there’s a message from you in my inbox (along with a few others), not downloaded and checked any of them yet though…

I could tweak this song endlessly, but I should probably PM it before I forget…

Submitted.

Click to view contents

The dog dies :(

Ah, i’m almost finished with mine, but then i started another one, now i can’t decide what to go for?
I have to do a lot more work with this last one, but i think i’m on to something and i’m getting kinda bored with the first one. :P