Final Dead Dog Renoise Competition

Talking about Voting, what are the rules for that Part of the competition? I’m New to that compo stuff you know.

You can only vote for one and just one entry ; the poll system is built in such a way that you cannot vote multiple times for anyone including yourself, and you’ve got 2 weeks to decide who should win the prize. Globally, voters don’t vote for their own tracks but … if you really think that your track was simply the best, you can vote for it. After that it’s just one unique vote, and you won’t win anything with just only one unique vote, so the better thing to do, is to become a promoter ; you’ve got to invite your renoise-based friends, to play the songs and make a choice, you promote the soudcloud set link into your social networking pages and invite your people to discover the competition music. If you’re able to attract a crowd of playbacks you’ll multiply chances to get some votes for the track that really deserves to win.

So many great tracks!

This is awesome!

I did notice yesterday we had a first vote after about two hours and I wondered if that could really be somebody voting for the favourite and not their own as with so many quality tracks it hardly sounds time to download, listen, narrow-down, re-listen and choose…

Actually poll votes are set to Private so not even I know.

My top three in order:

12, 08, 01.

Just have voted for 02. I like the rhythm with the barking.

Vote for no.1 favourite only in Poll in first post :)

If someone is interested, here is the track that didn’t make it to the final http://soundcloud.com/thebellows/discarded-dog :)

And that’s the way it’s supposed to be, like we all agree to. :)

All tracks deserve to be noticed for their overall good quality. Simply listening the set in one pass immediately reveals that we have really / experienced & skilled trackers here. Even if some of them didn’t received more votes for now, I think it doesn’t mean anything but a difficulty to select something in a list of excellent works.

It will probably change with time and here are my first feelings on the tracklist :

1 (there’s a cool contrast & a true duet between the crazy heavy break beat & the cute then totally free melodic line)
3 (this one is somehow cute & jumpy)
4 (excellent sample selection, you instantly hear their high quality, niftly comb or phasey filterings on snares)
10 (good guitar samples and riffs, and I kinda liked the scratch cession)
5 (strange moods, there’s something a bit psychotic, in the aesthetic choices)
6 (very deep - nearly unperceived sub-bass, the humanized bassline on the top is cool)
14 (this is a very efficient hardtrance piece of work, the bassdrum acting like a drill)
13 (I found 1:30mn of personal happiness in this one between 1:08 & 2:36)
2 & 12 (these two tracks are fucking awesome, immersive, really addictive beat, a clean and 100% mastered soundset, hats off )
7 & 9 (both tracks have a superb work on the bass & the sub bass, a 100% proper mix, a perfectly mastered genre)
8 (good duet between the robotic / modem-like bass, and the mechanical drone voice, good riffs and fun to play)
11 (fucking awesome, IN YOUR FACE, the volume is radically high, since I’m nearly deaf I don’t mind, it has a little touch of madness I instantly liked - like in all your last tracks - and even the one you didn’t submitted ;))

Will definitely give it a listen when I get the chance :)

Woah, 14 entries, that’s awesome!

I’ll set up sort of a private listening tournament in order to make up my mind. :walkman:

Who the fuck made track 12. :yeah:

I’ll tell you on the 26th ;)

It actually sounds like abelcain :ph34r:

I’m almost tempted to put up a list of who has entered and see who can match the most people to track correctly… maybe we could have some kind of alternative prize for that ;)

Also I had a PM about an entry to be submitted this morning but had to tell the fella it’s unfortunately too late! :(

I was also meant to make sure it was clear than no.14 has to be played at 48kHz to sound correct apparently. I have only listened on my shitty system with pretty much no bass whatsoever so couldn’t comment on how different it is…

im interested in the butthole who made track 12,little mofsk. :guitar:

In my little tourney, today entries 01, 03, 05, 06, 09, 11, 12, 13 made it to the quarter finals:

03 vs 13
06 vs 09
11 vs 05
12 vs 01

:walkman:

I love it,interesting way of tracking too…

If you want to know it you’ll have to visit the sites of all the people that posted something in this thread, and play some of their tunes, you’ll be able to identify who did what.