Flicflac - Flac2wav / Wav2flac Single-exe Converter

Hiya,
I hope it’s not too late or considered impolite to request the two following options…

• the possibility to define exact command-line compression options (such as “-V 4 --vbr-new” etc);
  • automatic info cloning when converting from FLAC > MP3

keeps his fingers crossed

Why would it be impolite my friend? :)
Allowing custom command options should be easy. In fact, it is ready for it (I have a “UserOptions” variable in the code.
My only concern with this is that users can screw this up, but I guess it is expected when you touch stuff like this.
I will add to the todo.

As for the second thing, I am not sure it will be possible, but I will check.
Dont forget that the FLAC-MP3 is going through FLAC-WAV then WAV-MP3.

But first, I want to finish some heavy modifications on the RPG’s Fetch feature I added a couple of days ago, then will see what can be done on these items.

EDIT:
Also, if you need it urgently, and if you have your specific command line that you would like to use always, you may recompile the code.
On top, there is a section where you can modify the command lines:

FlacOptions := "-f"   
LameOptionsCBR = -b`%IniKbps`% --add-id3v2 --ta "`%IniArtist`%" --ty %A_YYYY% --tt "`%NameNoExt`%"  
LameOptionsVBR = -v -V `%VbrLevel`% -b `%VbrRate1`% -B `%VbrRate2`% --add-id3v2 --ta "`%IniArtist`%" --ty %A_YYYY% --tt "`%NameNoExt`%"  
LameOptionsDec = --decode  

I don’t know how I’d ignored this topic for such a long time!

This is a very nice tiny tool Icarus, Thanks. :)

Hey Ashkan - glad you find it useful. :)

PHP?

Thank you, Icarus, for creating an useful utility. Now and then I need to convert MP3 files to WAV (not just to use in RENOISE), and I’m finding the FLAC format useful for archiving. Your program also motivated me to download AutoHotkey. :P

Hey FranciscooC, thanks for taking the time to say nice things. I am glad you like it.
Yes, I also use FLAC as storage, instead of WAVs.

Renoise and AutoHotkey are my two favorite softwares since Arkanoid and Ms. Pacman…

Just for reference, to see what more can be done with AHK, you may want to click the RPG link below. Also Autohotkey.

EDIT:
Just to give huge credit to the Autohotkey developer, the installation is very unobtrusive, in case you are worrying about that.
It is light and sweet.

I think you can even just download a zipped version, with no installer, but I would not recommend it.

If you need help in getting started, dont hesitate to write me.

(And welcome to the forums… :) )

Hey Icarus,

Did you manage to work out the context menu bit?

I know I did not follow through on this feature request.

Adding a context menu is quite easy, but the thing is it is a different registry key when Winamp is installed and when it is not…
I also want this feature, but did not have time to try and see how I can do it so that it works on everybody’s computers, without doing a mess.

I may take a look it it again.

ohh reminds me of lamedrop… cool, thanks, I’ll use it.

Thanks for this tool, will come handy once in a while. ;)

Enjoy, and welcome to the forum s1gnal.

Due to popular demand, Ogg support is added.

Version 0.26 is up:

• Added : Support for OGG files using OggTools 1.0.1
  • Changed: Buttons to flat

Still supporting all formats to all formats.
When I have no choice, I am using an intermediate conversion (to WAV usually) - for example, OGG to MP3 is OGG2WAV first then WAV2MP3

I am not an Ogg user, so if you are using Ogg and have any specific requirement, let me know.
For now, I have set the default quality to 5 (out of 10) and have opened it for configuration through the INI.

Also, I am using the Ogg tagging switches to add song name, artist and year tags to the song (similar to the MP3 encoding logic)

One important todo I still have, is the customizable command line.

If you see any problems, or have any comments, let me know.

Sweet app, Icarus. Thanks!

Version 0.27 is up:

• Fixed : Ogg encoders were not cleaned on exit.
  • Fixed : Ogg encoders were not tested for existence.
  • Added : DebugMode - if enabled, will log actions to file and (optionally) avoid execution of conversions and deletions.
  • Changed: Executables will no longer be oeverwritten in the temp folder. Improves loading time (was broken in 0.26).
  • Added : Temp folder location is now configurable.
  • Added : CleanupOnExit is now configurable (allows to delete the encoders on exit).
  • Added : All encoder options are now configurable.

It’s getting better and better :) thanks!

Version 0.28 is up:

• Added : Context menu integration. May be enabled or disabled from the settings menu. Currently supports only single files.
    No support for multi-files selection or folders.
    When a conversion is done through the context menu, FlicFlac will exit when its done (may be changed in the INI file).

I would appreciate it if someone can confirm that the context menu integration works on Vista.

the tool is great, i use it when i need flac =)

i somehow miss ‘always on top’ checkbox somewhere, tho…

Yeah, I was thinking about always on top.
What do you prefer:

1. Setting in INI file only
  2. A checkbox in addition to the ones that exist
  3. A checkbox instead of the “Open Folder When Done”

Also - did you happen to test the context menu integration?

Version 0.29 is up:

• Context menu integration was installed on startup even without user request.
    Also caused the “Disable Shell Integration” option to be temporary, until the next time you use FlicFlac.
  • Removed: “Open folder when done” checkbox. Now resides in the INI file only.
  • Added : “Always on top” checkbox.
  • Added : Option in INI to choose if you want the window to start inactive or not, when Always on Top is enabled.