Flicflac - Flac2wav / Wav2flac Single-exe Converter

:)
Why should I get mad? What is this image for anyway?
WMA conversion - somewhat unlikely, at least not on my priority list.

WMA is not a format I use at all, by principle (mainly due to the DRM) and even if I would, I am guessing it would be more complex to deal with WMA with the current structure of the code.

In fact, the only chance of adding more formats now, is if I completely replace the two encoders (flac and lame) with a multi-format encoder.

I found one (sox) that does not support flac and mp3 out of the box, but only with libraries.
I found one (ffmpeg) that supports all formats, but it is over 7mb in size, which is out of scope for FlicFlac, which is intended to stay small.

FlicFlac is mainly designed for Renoise users who want to do quick formatting, without opening their wave editor.

<3

image is for: a dock program i use on my desktop. needs higher resolution images to look somewhat desent.

wma is for: some podcasts is encoded with wma and that sucks for me and another dude i hang with.
the way i convert today is to render it to wav with winamp and then encode that with razorlame.

there it is. :)

p.s. Keeping it small is a good thing, great app mon!.

nice update… thanks!

Version 0.21 is up.

• Added : Configuration in INI file to confirm before deleting or overwriting certain file types. By default, we will ask before we delete or overwrite FLAC and WAV.
  • Added : A menu for some common operations.
  • Added : Menu item: Open INI. Will start the INI with your default INI editor and wait for you to close it. Then, if it was changed, we will reload ourselves.
  • Added : Sub menu: MP3 encoding presets. The menu elements are completely customizable in the INI file and the last used preset is stored in the INI. Selecting “Custom” will use the settings you have configured in the INI keys (MP3->Mode, CBRKbps, VBRLevel, VBRRate).
  • Changed: When using one of the double conversions (e.g. FLAC2MP3) we will now use a temporary filename for the temporary output instead of using the same filename (to avoid accidental overwrite).

I am assuming everybody is ok with the newer interface?

New suggestions:

• an abort icon to stop the conversion
  • when you start flicflac the “to flac” button is always set. It should save the settings you choose last. So if I choose “to MP3” and quit the program, the next time I start it, the “to MP3” should be set instead of “to flac”

Yes, thought about these two.
The only way for me to abort is to be violent, and kill the external encoder process. At least afaik. I am just calling it, and waiting for it to return. The OS now has it. Thats why I did not implement yet. Not sure I want to become violent.

As for the second feature, I was just lazy (and busy with the other features).
Will most likely be implemented in one of the upcoming updates.

If you are familiar with a better command line call abortion technique, feel free to share.

Version 0.22 is up:

• Added : We will now remember the last selected format (thanks Tom de Rooy).

Version 0.23 is up:

• Added : Custom dialog boxes for delete confirmation and overwrite confirmation. We will now have “Yes to All” and “No to All” dialogs.
  • Added : The files that were not converted due to a “No” answer to an overwrite confirmation request, will be displayed in a message box at the end of the conversion cycle.
  • Changed: Default value for ConfirmBeforeDelete key in INI now includes all three formats, for consistency (since we now have the yes/no to all dialog).

strange gui bug, probably because of theme.
notice it says to and not to mp3

Thats odd…
Also the drop files button is weird, and the menu buttons is not using the webdings font…
Its FlicFlac in the twilight zone…
I will check the “to mp3”, but not sure how to deal with the rest.

EDIT:
Ok, I have compiled a test version with these changes:

1. I am forcing “-Theme” to tell the GUI to not use theme
  2. I am forcing “MS Sans Serif” as the font
  3. I am forcing “-Wrap” on the buttons (I suspect the MP3 has just moved to the next line)

Would you mind testing it?
It should look exactly like the screenshot, only with the options button different on your side, since you dont seem to have webdings for some reason.

Here is the test EXE (temp version 0.23b) (EDIT: Removed link, no longer needed since it was fixed and officially released)
If you prefer a modified source code to compile yourself, let me know.

looks fine now

Thanks, I will release it as 0.24.

EDIT:
Version 0.24 is up.

• Fixed : GUI did not look right in some XP theme settings (thanks patto).

hehe, the word gets around :)

Ikony - zbiór najlepszych ikon

I am still a little vague in regards to the purpose of this image.
What is this site presenting? The application or the huge icon? :)

Nevermind that you also decided that my copyrighting is so so, and decided flicflac is better than FlicFlac… :)

… maybe it is.

if you want me to set the copyright to max on the .png i will do that,
i adjusted it so that other may improve on my design further. i was trying
to make a simple icon image that represented your software.
nothing more than that, and you are wrong in the assumption that i
am going lightly on the CR issue. you say the word.

the .png icon is used in “dock” software that replace/add to the start line
in the os. :)

and for that Ikony - zbiór najlepszych ikon site, i can just say that it’s a blog
that collects cool icons. in this case from deviantart.com.

if you want me to pull it back, just speak the words and it’s done.

No no no no… you take me too seriously, and I am too funky on the keyboard.
When I said copyright, I meant copy-write… :)

Your image is your image, no need to do anything.

phew, i was feeling like walking on broken glass there for a moment.
but i stand for what i wrote, that it’s your software and your icon really,
i just figured that since it’s a f… in the icon, and it all looked so good
with small letters i went with it. :)

i have good intensions by spreading the word. :)

Sorry I made you uncomfortable there Chief Above Chief Member… :)

w00t! :rolleyes: