Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 - missing inputs?

Hello,

I just got a focusrite Scarlett 6i6. I am trying to set it up to record my external synthesizer. (Korg M3). This should all be very simple, although admittedly I’m rusty I haven’t played around with Renoise for a while, especially using physical 1/4 inch line inputs.

In any case, the problem that I’m having is Renoise is not showing me all of the inputs that I should be able to see. The focusrite 6i6 has 6 physical inputs.

When I use the Line in device in Renoise, the only option to choose from is Mic1/2 inputs. There are no others to choose from. If I read the focusrite instructions for the Scarlett 6i6 it states:

“… Depending on your DAW, you may need to enable certain inputs or outputs before use. The two examples below show two inputs and two outputs
enabled in Ableton Live Lite Audio Preferences.”

They show a screenshot of Ableton. In Ableton you can choose what inputs for your soundcard you want to enable or disable. Is there any way to do this in Renoise? It seems to me that Renoise can only “see” the Mic 1&2 inputs. It doesn’t see the other physical inputs on the Scarlett 6i6. I can’t choose them in the line-in device because they simply don’t appear.

I don’t know if this is just a stupid mistake I’m making because I haven’t messed around in Renoise for a while, or if Renoise is not able to see the additional inputs that should be showing up. Any thoughts?

Thank you.

If your OS is Windows then the only thing I can think of is that you’re using DirectSound instead of ASIO. Renoise’s Line Input device sees all six inputs, 4 analog and 2 digital, for my Firebox.

Just a quick update on this. Thank you for the reply.

I am using the ASIO drivers, and the only inputs visible on the line in device are mic 1 & mic 2. The rear inputs, and the optical inputs do not appear, at all, whatsoever. If I click the arrows or the drop down box they do not appear. (They aren’t even listed or mentioned).

I could return my unit, but I find that to be the unlikely culprit, since the mic inputs appear just fine. I’m using a scarlett 6i6, with windows 7 64.

Is there any chance at all this is a Renoise issue? Other than the line in device, is there any other device or setting that I could force it to let me “see” the other inputs?

Thank you.

Don’t you accidentally have ‘Limit to stereo in/out’ checked in the preferences?

http://tutorials.renoise.com/images/4/41/2.7_preferences_audio.png

Dr Drips… you are… a FREAKING GENIUS!

That tiny little check box… what the… who put that there! And why does it default to checked? And why did I not see it? And why do all my sentences start with “And”.

And, one very sincere thank you!

I’m having the same problem. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. That stereo limit option is unchecked and still all I see is Input 1&2 for channels. This device has 2 mono input channels and I want to select them separately. Looks like I just have to select either the left or right channels as it is seeing them both has stereo. I’m guessing this how Renoise functions when it only sees 2 channels…?

4512 renoise line input.PNG

4511 renoise preference.PNG

Yes, Renoise only treats input sets as stereo.
Splitting is where the L or R selection buttons are for.
There was even a problem with mono inputs not being supported at all