Getting Timing From Slices

I sliced a beat, and want to keep the original timing. This seems that’s not really possible ATM.

How about adding an entry to a slices context menu in the pattern editor called “insert slice triggers” (or something). This should insert to appropiate notes (C#4 and upwards) into the pattern/column/track with the correct delay values to match the timing of the slices of the original sample. I suggest the sync value of the original sample (active or not) should be used as the “line span” of these new data, so if sync is 16, note data should be inserted so that the sample played back after 16 slices.

It’s funny you mention this because dblue has already written this script and it even works with 2.8

New Tool (2.7 & 2.8): Slices To Pattern

Ah, thanks! It not listed at tool.renoise.com, right? Or I’ve managed to overlook it, did a search for “slice” and only got “Sample Slicer”…

It’s not listed there yet because the tool is not really officially “finished” yet. I always feel weird about releasing works in progress, but I guess it doesn’t matter so much in these cases. I mean, the tool does its job just fine. I guess I just want to give it a bit more polish. Anyway… hope it does what you need :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: