Horizontal Pattern Sequencer.

Could be possible to make a mockup by placing 2 screenshots of renoise onto 2 3d cubes and adjusting the 2nd cube according to the proper angle of perspective needed for stereoscopic 3d. it would work better as a video, and actually mocking that up with automation in a perspective this would work is daunting. Could easily take a few weeks just to figure out how to do it and then a couple more possibly to actually do the mockup.
Stereoscopic 3d visualization in the manner I posted without requiring lcd shutter glasses, would eventually make us cross-eyed though. :D

I got a renoise screenshot to be stereoscopic, didn’t really have much of any discernible depth to it,

Just looks like this, with your eyes crossed:

I started thinking about how it could really be done, and 1 options: 3d glasses. (or cross-eyed, Lcd shutters are not viable and anyone can get 3d glasses, and cross eyes is probably not good for you.

3d glasses would be better, the RGB stuff would need to be seperated and slightly nudged in either direction. cross-eyed would require renoise run a slight 3d engine, with a few points for Z with a very fine limit on angle movement, governed by where the mouse is on the screen. the angle would need to follow the mouse pointer.

Come to think of it, 00.1 I think you might be on to something with using optical illusions.

Sorry to say but I would definitely buy a rotatable screen when seeing this. Euh sounds quite wrong, also displaying wave forms vertically really feels counter intuitive.

So horizontal sequencing…why making a second FL, ableton or cubase? Is that really an argument? It could be that horizontal displaying is just the best interface, like controlling a PC with a mouse. Apple f.i. is also not saying “Microsoft is already using a mouse, so we don’t want that. If people like controlling with a mouse, then use Microsoft”…
But I’m not sure, I’m very used to V-sequencing as well. It is the best method for showing notes in A-G form instead of pianoroll or score and I like that a lot.

for Renoise3D will have the following:

1. arcade cabinate mounting.
  2. pattern sequence scrolls directly forwards toward your face.
  3. use a lightgun to add retrigger effects by shooting at the screen.
  4. add L/R panning automation data by leaning on the arcade suzuki bike you sit on.
  5. cut scenes of michael jackson (or aerosmith) telling you how to make the remixes.
  6. 2 player competitive mode where breaking a beat drops more beats on your opponents track.
  7. high score table with bpm ranking.
  8. shoot bass to active LFO wobble envelope.
  9. final boss=vsnares.
    10.insert coin.

…coming version 3.0

the default automation lane goes from 0 to 63. But 63 may only exist as a point. 0-62 can be any form, 63’s curve or linear form is null, (as the only way to have a curve would be to have a 64) which breaks abilities using the automation lane.

This is the problem due to the current implementation.
The solution is yet to be seen, as the automation lane is tied in with the Pattern which is tied in with the Player, right?
My theory is if the Devs added a 64 to this, the Player would either offset the automation, or get confused by the 2 points and skitz the parameter.
So, we need a way to span patterns.
If we spanned thee automations vertically through the song it makes for an easier correlation to the entire song.

However it is possible, based on the current large interest of directing Renoise toward a more clip based (Ableton style) sequencer, with the addition of the pattern matrix.
That this poses the problem of divergence.

In the Pattern Editor, we edit audio vertically.

Okay, since the WIKIPEDIA entry for Trackers has been changed since I last looked, I cannot find a screenshot showing what I’m about to say, but there was a tracker (of sorts) that was released for Amiga and Linux which focused only on MIDI (I’m presuming, because I never used it) which used vertical automation view layered underneath the pattern view. It also featured many different automation views at the same time layered on top of each other since each automation track was a different color. It basically looked like any kind of line graph you can think of showing comparisons between multiple items, except it was vertical.

If anyone can find a screenshot and post it, I’m sure it might be interesting for the devs to look at. U cannot for the life of me remember what it’s called, though. The tracker itself was noted by the author as experimental. It definitely looked it, but did provide pretty intense and easily accessable visual feedback on what controllers were doing based on the screenshot. I don’t know if I’d want to keep it on all the time, though…

Uncertain. I looked for it a bit, will widen my search.