How do I modulate an instrument LFO's parameters?

Hey,

I’m trying to modulate an instrument modulator LFO’s frequency with another LFO or a curve, but can’t seem to come up with how. Could anyone help me out?

Meta-Mixer might help, inputs and weights can be automated too.

1 Like

Oki thanks! I’ll have a look at these options.

…Can’t wrap my head around it. Track meta accepts only track devices as destinations and I can’t seem to find anything in the instrument editor that would allow using meta devices to modulate f.ex. Cutoff LFO.

Meta-mixer seems ok for the Instrument fx tab:

For Instrument modulations tab, you can directly affect the LFO frequency with automated macros:

With the macro created you could modulate the Instrument Modulation Volume LFO Frequency like this:

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll have a look at it tomorrow, time to hit the sheets here. Thanls!

To modulate instrument modulation device params like lfo freq, you can use macro assignments, then modulate the macro from the fx section using a macro doofer (a doofer with and instrument macros device inside, which must be saved from the mixer section, then called up as a preset from within the instrument fx section).

Retarded workflow, I know, but once you get it down, you can do quite a bit with it, and it’s not impossibly slow. You can check out my video tutorials on YouTube under MrZensphere. The very first one deals with this issue.

They’re all also in this thread
•••Zensphere's Renoise Tutorials•••

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll mark one of these as a solution soon.

1 Like