How Often Do You Take A Shower/bath?

with this summer I am taking a shower about twice a day. in winter I take one each 3-4 days. and a bath each two weeks or sumthin.

Well… what do you do together? :huh:

(sorry, a personal question I know…)

:P

I shower once a day in the mornings to wake myself up…but I havent used shampoo in about 4 years and havent touched soap in about twice that(except for food grease when washing my hands…)
Its actually quite funny, your body will adjust its oil production levels according to how much you remove; so you’re working your glands harder than you need to if you wash all over with soap and shampoo every day, and to no avail because your body will just produce more anyway. Its good to rinse the daily sludge off though, as dblue was saying…but I agree, I feel 100% better with all my natural oils n stuff
oh yeah, I’ve spoken to several guys 80+ years old with full heads of hair who swear by never using shampoo…

i can agree with that to some extent, but the thing is that mostly it still depends on climate and surroundings… If you sit 24/7 in front of computer in air conditioned room then yes, there is no much need to shower every day and use soap… but if you walk around, go outside, do stuff, maybe some physical work etc etc then you sweat a lot more and also your skin gets dirty because of external factors like dust, smoke, exhaust fumes of cars and other machinary, dirty walls or other things you get into contact etc etc… then i feel like refreshing shower makes me feel good an fresh and also it can happen that your skin has something on it that cant be removed efficently without using soap. I do agree though that using soap too often is bad for skin, especially in winter cause then your skin wil get too dry…

So all in all i think that it widely depends on your local climate, your body type and your lifestyle… so do whatever makes you feel good. As long as people you get into contact dont complain, it should be good :)

I live a pretty active life these days, and dont get me wrong, I still make a decent effort at getting clean; ie scrubbing dirt from pores etc…just without the aid of soap. Nobody has ever complained, and I work in a retail shop so my personal presentation is always paramount…

I take one in the morning to help wake me up, and another before I crash to help relax me as I have a hard time sleeping. Once in a while extra if I am stressed out as it helps calm me down… but i don’t do my laundry often so it kinda cancels the showers out. I just grab whatever is on the floor next to my bed when I wake up unless I need to wear a certain something or before I go out with a chick or to dinner.

For me it’s every week to every two weeks (except my hair/scalp, which is about every 5 days), and when I’m working (which right now, I’m not), every morning I wash my pits (hot soapy washcloth, then a non-soapy wet with hot water washcloth) and then use one of those salt stones (or sometimes I use a bleachy washcloth and then wash them again).

When I try to shower at night, I can never get sleep because of the way my skin feels, like tonight after I tried some spray-on sunblock that I couldn’t stand the smell of–it was 90 degrees fahrenheit today and I went to a parade/march in Seattle. I just can’t get to sleep tonight.

Yeah, sometimes I stink when I’m not working, but I’m one of those “sickos” who is into the whole B.O. thing and love it when other guys are ripe. If it was more socially acceptable I’d probably shower once a month.

I think it’s unfortunate that society is so scared of our own natural smells (and in the U.S. we’re scared of the human body too) yet so many people douse themselves in cologne and aluminium-chloride ridden anti-perspirants and use things like Glade plug-ins and then have cats in the house, and then they wonder where their allergies come from, so they then take medications. Blah blah blah–that’s one of my ranting subjects…

guess i’m just lucky that i don’t stink very much… :)

I dont like women smelling strong of perfume. makes me sick. and if they are doing that for a couple of years they tend to put way too much on.

agreed. i don’t like perfume/cologne smells in general, they are just annoying.

Yeah, I’m necroposting… I know, but I didn’t want to make a whole new thread.

I’m pretty much allergic to all deodorants now, at least the ones that work. 3 weeks ago, my last refuge, the salt stone deodorant, started giving me a horrible rash. That being mixed with the fact that I can’t shower more than twice a week at all now because my skin totally dries out and my skin can’t deal with lotion very well, it seems as though I’m going to be a stinky f*cker now.

I’m thankful that the things I do for money don’t require much customer service, and that the band I’m in (the mercury rising) doesn’t care how much I stink either–either way I look at it, I’m probably going to be given nicknames similar to “stinky” from now on by people. I need to learn how to carry it with pride. Maybe learning how to do that will help my stage performance in that mindset of just not caring if people don’t like me.

you could try using regular baby powder

but for real though. humans survived with stank just fine for thousands of years.

Stank is the bodys all natural force field, you can quote me on that! :D

long live the stank.

*editted to make sense.

I’ve edited my ways, and I usually take a shower about twice a week now. :D I’ve found it helps with my eye allergies to wash all the pollution out of them more frequently

Good to see a post from you though Kizzume. You doing alright lately man? Any new tunes?

Just a hunch, but I think it also makes animals like you more, keeping your natural phermones on your body and such. I hate dogs but they always run to me and looove me.

I like showers. But only every two days…

Not much as far as new tunes. Everything has been focused on the new album from TMR. We’re 3/4 of the way done with the album, and by November we should be touring the west coast.

I should update my avatar as I returned to just having a shaved head instead of a mohawk a few months ago.

True true. I just wish people weren’t so freaked out by it.

i have to take a shower each morning.
i always do the hot/cold/hot/etc. thingy…
elsewhat my circulation wouldn’t start breathing.

besides that i utterly hate the smell of sweat and you usually tend to not notice that smell when you start to produce it yourself…

Wouldn’t it make more sense then to let your body produce a reasonable amount of perspiration, if it helps you ignore the smell :lol:

Personally, I’m intrigued by these new facts. I’ve been deluding myself thinking people usually take a shower every other day in general, when in fact it’s obviously a highly personal preference. I feel like the world has just opened up to reveal a more accepting nature…

I’m one of those every 2nd day-guys myself. I don’t use any cologne, and only deodorants without alcohol. While I don’t mind the smell of fresh sweat, I find the stale kind quite repulsive. Sometimes I wish I was more into the whole stank-thing as it just feels more natural…

I’ve also noticed a lot of you stray away from strong scents… I’m slightly askew here as well; while I do enjoy odourless environments, I actually find myself aroused/interested in strong smells like cigar- and pipe smoke (I am a non smoker myself), gasoline, perfumes/plants, incense etc. I can walk through a make up-store and quite enjoy the assault of my nostrils, even though I tend to shy away from girls who seem to bathe in the stuff.

I was used to do that to. However, these days I rarely manage it to get out of my bed on time. So, no time left for an refreshing showersession at the morning. grml…

*edit
nothings better than a rosemarine-(right word?)bath on sundays though. Feels really cool and also calms you down if you need to.

what a weird question

but - every other day unless i’ve done something to make me smell bad

Sounds weird to me too… :huh:

Anyway, I take a shower everyday in the morning. In summer, twice a day is common.