How To Make Glitch Beats?

There are so many sounds u can use… Just look around u… water into a cup //record hitting glass with a spoon or any cutlery //record its endless… :P

Top chef’s don’t use prego :lol:

Recommending dblue to someone who wants to learn how to make glitch is like doing your kid’s homework for them. They’ll get an A but they’ll learn nothing.

1 Like

That goes along with Effectrix. That and you can more or less hear those plugins, they stick out like a sore thumb (especially when used wrong or using the original preset).

Just open any sample editor and chop things up yourself. Yes, it’s time consuming, but in the end you’ll thank yourself.

Remember, good cooks put a lot of effort (TLC) into making their food, you can taste it in the end…

sugarbytes effectrix is for also for mac…

but these vst’s are a little bit cheating too.

No they won’t. Parents don’t know jack shit about how to do schoolwork.

That said, if you want to make glitch, listen to my advice above. And to that I will add: Manually chop and loop waveforms. Learn your pattern effects… ALL OF THEM. The best glitch in the world can be made in Renoise with just samples and pattern effects.

1 Like

If you do happen to use my Glitch plug-in, don’t feel so bad about, but please at least change the settings and be creative with it. :) Nobody needs to hear another track using the default settings, haha.

Personally, I don’t even use Glitch in my own music… not in the typical way, at least. What I usually do is put it on some really extreme settings, then I play parts of my track through it and render several minutes to WAV. Then, I cut out all the little interesting bits, the percussive hits, the strange stabs, little glitchy rhythms that have magically appeared, etc., and I resequence those samples in Renoise. It’s a handy time-saver when used in this way, and I don’t feel guilty or lazy for using it because I’m actually putting a lot of work into creating new patterns from the sounds.

1 Like

actually i mostly do guitar and piano music, so what i like about these glitch beats is that they are pretty much in the background, but still sound different and interesting

But using the plugs (mentioned above) allow the sound to be all the way different!!! (apart from “preglitched”)!!! For example using dblue’s Glitch - you can not only swap patterns but also you can change per-effect params in every pattern. And all these things can be done realtime!!! That’s the true glitching! :)

but I can’t use it cause I’m on mac…

effectrix is the same as dblue glitch… You can use that on mac…

but i’ve got a mac…

http://www.michaelnorris.info/soundmagicspectral/index.html

thats the stuff im jealous of mac-users.

godd@#$%^^& freaking!!

A MAC IS NOT A HANDICAP!!!
:smashed:

wow thanx!
Downloaded and in use

Dude, you’re the LAST person that should EVER feel lazy about using your own bloody glitch plugin! epic facepalm

With the amount of time, effort, and genius you put into developing it, you could release an entire album of songs using the default settings and I don’t think anyone would hold it against you ;)

1 Like

but i’ve got a mac.

Oke… you win.

I updated my signature :unsure:

haha

Old thread but I like what sunjammer said …I just use a shitbox pentium 1 gig with 1 gig of ram, i found in the trash, program some beats,overload with different fx ,modulation,and randomization , plug it into my mixer and record it…if its too much ill take away some fx here and there…and viola glitch…works good for quake 1 too! lol

1 Like