Hydra's min + max copy target's value when set..

May I offer another bold suggestion:

When building my instruments. to get the sounds needed… i add fx-devices… which i set…
after i got my sound. i start thinking on how to animate them… for this i usually use lfo’s which drives hydra’s.
all good fun… but:

When i add a hydra and set the target destination… the targets destinations value are lost… thus breaking my sound.
to avoid this… i have to copy the value before setting the target… set the target… and past the value in the min and max value to retain the original sound.
from there i decide if i need to change the min or the max value, and how to drive it to get desired movement…

So now the context of the why is set… here is my suggestion:

Is it possible, that the hydra-meta device, instead of defaulting every target min-max from 0 to 255 (or its equivalent) … to whatever value the target destination had…
so if my target is (for example) a gainer… it will not default to -inf to +13db … but it will default to min=0db and max=0db (or whatever i had it set before introducing the hydra)

it will save my 100’s of copy and paste actions… and make it much more efficient if you want to keep on building more weirdness in your song… it be like being bob the builder…
can i make it… Yes i can … click click clickerdieclick … good times

small edit: p.s it is argueable, that the same goes for the instrument macro’s… as they have the same behaviour… you could argue that lfo’s have target-destinations two… but, in my mind thats slightly difrent…

Minor thought update:
People might switch effect during trackbuilding… as in make a hydra… copy it. and use “same type of destination” but on another track…
so it might be handy if:

When selecting a target from “none” to copy the target-destinations value… but, if selecting another target-destination, while the previous was not none… then keep settings…

that way, you will not break stuff, if they already set…

+1 for smarter value fetching.

Some earlier threads about it;

https://forum.renoise.com/t/fetch-correct-destination-max-values-in-hydra/33537

https://forum.renoise.com/t/little-improvements-for-all-devices-using-destination/43340