I Can'T Do It :'(.

In the last Dead Dog’s Renoise Competition nine out of ten of the entrants provided the xrns so you might like to check some of them out to see what you’re doing.

From the talks on Dubstep I have a feeling that no.10, which was late and thus not in the pack but as a separate download, may be quite to your liking.

Dude, go search YT for “Renoise beginners tutorial HD” The dude there will teach you the basics in NO FUCKING TIME.

sage advice. i used to do this in IT. SB00 if memory serves.

16 is also just like step sequencer, fits, nicely on the screen all at once, and it’s easy to work with the last half or first half 8 rows to build fills and stops and a single pattern for transitions.

What he might benefit from too is automating copies of a single pattern, renoise makes this extremely simple compared to the old days with effects lane.

The idea is to create say 4 or 8 duplicates of the same basic pattern, and just automate plugs on top. dBlue’s glitch is a great candidate for this kind of approach, but any internal renoise dsp like filter, etc. would be great.

To the OP: it sounds like you either are too much of a perfectionist and can’t get the right sounds, in which case feed renoise different plugs/samples, or you have the right tools and you don’t know how to use them in a tracker, or last and most sad, you have the know how and the tools but are struggling with inspiration and direction. this last no one can save you from except yourself, only advice there is find your sound, and keep finding it by eschewing rules and what restrictions the genres you mentioned put onto a composer.

You are spoiled with Renoise though, let me tell ya! shakes cane B)

dont be intimidated by it. you are it’s master. WAIL ON IT! push the program to the max. shove samples in all the slots, push every button, turn every knob. try to break it. it will look even cooler. redefine music.
i believe it is capable of producing sounds no human has heard before.
if you want to create music, listen to every sound, and no sound.