I Probably Made A Few Mistakes On This Track

I probably made like… more mistakes than I wanted to on this track… Renoise totally beat my ass here. But I know that I want to go after the pattern alias thing… I haven’t even checked out that feature yet! and it was pissing me off, cause I wish I had a quick way to go through the arrangement and tweak this kick/clap pattern… so, my next track, I am going to make sure I explore pattern aliases…

I am hoping this thing did not get tooo clippped when I home brew mastered it. I think I am pushing the limits of loud here… but who knows… erm, you guys. cause your ears would be fresh to this and all…

its basically jazz and hip hop, but arranged for a 3 minute pop radio tune. I’m not 100% happy with the bridge, I think I got really laze… Also, there are some problems I have with the other sound design…

Actually, I’m pretty upset to say the least… cause I thought that the track was going to come out way better than it did… but to be honest, my mixes are taking on a new level of complexity, that I am affraid I haven’t gotten quite used to yet… oh, whatever… I am just really pissed this is as fantastic as I was hoping… also, I might have burried the drums in the mix, but hopefully not, but I am kinda tired of hearing these tracks where the kick drum is like this, “big huge prominent phallus symbol or something.” Its just that, a lot of tracks I listen to on the radio these days, forget trance, or techno, or underground edm, but on the plane radio, I am hearing these mixes where the kick is so high up in the mix, and I’m just starting to feel like, “wow, that is sounding dated, fast.” so I am trying to get nice kicks, layered obviously, but I am trying to get them to sit a little further back in the mix, or what not…

well… sorry for the rant and all…

thanks for listening, cheers

http://soundcloud.com/audio-ghost/fighting-off-this-feeling

Renoise = Zen********* metal! :lol:

that’s one hell of a song text you wrote :)

:w00t: I’m having one of those, “spaced out head nights.” I don’t remember now… the clarity I thought I had when I typed it… lol

i"m not a fan of these melo

I find the triplet on the bassdrum to be quite annoying, as it doesn’t fit the rhythm at all.

also, a key change would have helped keeping the song interesting throughout its duration

The sound is pretty ok, but is the bass drum is out of sync? Why not to use here just straight beat? But probably you composed this by purpose and my ears just don’t understand jazz :)

But nice sound and mix. I don’t hear any distortion so mastering is probably ok. (though I am lousy mix engineer, so don’t take my word for it)

This is not necessarily something you have to decide before you start writing a song.
Joule made this awesome little tool which will automatically convert any identical pattern-tracks (matrix slots) into aliases, which you can then tweak at will:
http://forum.renoise…entical-tracks/
It has helped me on a number of occasions, perhaps you’ll find it useful as well ^_^

Wow… Amazing tool! Awesome… Thank you

yeah… the bass drums might be out of sync… there’s two in there, one with delay or something… I dunno… this is my total fail, at trying to produce something that could almost be pop or commercial I guess…

Key changes are really hard to do, but I guess lifting things by a semi-tone around what is supposed to be the chorus… I think you are totally right. :slight_smile: thanks… Also, yeah… I probably will not layer kicks like that again…

what do you think of… first attempt at combining full on psy bass with tech/trance thing? click play or link below… cheers…

Thank you everybody for all the comments. I didn’t realize you guys all posted here… :slight_smile: Very cool. Cheers :w00t: :w00t:

SoundCloud - Hear the world’s sounds