Now I don’t know - as a former PC user and now using the new version of Renoise on MAC - if the following is a MAC and/or New-Renoise-version-related-issue; but I really, really miss the old functions of some buttons and actions in the pattern editor. I think it was more similiar to FT2 as well.
If you don’t remember how it was I’ll try to explain in the best way I can, although it could be difficult for you to understand how I mean:
- BACKSPACE = Should pull/haul UP notes&fx’s below and in the current location.
- INSERT* = Should pinch/press DOWN notes&fx’s below and in the current location.
- SPACE = REC mode ON, and if the song is playing it should Stop song & REC mode ON.
- When I click somewhere in the pattern I DON’T want the current location to move towards it. Perhaps the double-click-function could stay though, could be handy some times.
- This is hard to explain, but… When I select an area with the LEFT mouse key and then wants to select a new area within the first-selected, I DON’T want it to move the first-selected-area - I just want to select a new area (I want this in the Pattern Matrix as well). Perhaps it could move if I push the COMMAND key at the same, because this is a more rare action for me.
Finally, I wonder why on earth all these intuitive - yet basic (it works like this even in standard text editors) - commands were replaced/removed? I don’t understand the new functions of these…
Perhaps there are some more stuff which are changed, but let’s start with this.
- The INSERT-button doesn’t seem to exist at all on my MAC-keyboard. Instead the button (above DELETE) is named “fn”, and doesn’t seem to be available to assign in preferences/keys at all.