I want to translate Renoise to spanish, is there an initiative towards

I love Renoise, I speak both spanish/english and I would love to translate renoise.

It could be the software itself, the user manual, quick start guide, heck I’m even up to creating some spanish tutorials.

But what I would love to see is renoise in spanish.

But what I would love to see is renoise in spanish.

+1 for this idea.
It would indeed be great to see localized versions of Renoise - there’s not_that_much text in there, and the software supports unicode throughout.

:blink: :blink: :blink: +1000

I am surprised by this post and Danoise’s reaction.Some time ago I said the same idea myself and it seemed a very closed matter an issue not viable. Not for if it is easy or difficult to translate, but because it needs the approval of the director, Taktik. I took as an example to Wordpress, or JetAudio.

I am totally open to participate broadly in this matter. I am Spanish, I know something about LUA and most of Renoise’s corners. In fact, I’m sure I could translate my own tools myself so I could use multiple languages.But the only way is to have a base prepared under the hood of Renoise to be able to translate, where the community, without charging money,translate the program based on English. It is only necessary to have a file with the whole language of Renoise, and translate it into other languages, XXX = YYY (XXX in English, YYY in Spanish, etc.), or something similar. Renoise must be prepared for it. For example, just like Wordpress works.Thus, if a sentence is not translated, it will continue to appear in English.Something like:

• languajes / en_US.lua, English file
  • languajes /es_ES.lua, Spanish flie
  • languajes / de_DE.lua, German file
  • other languajes inside the folder “languajes /”

In fact, translation is no problem at all (keep in mind that English takes up fewer characters than other languages, but Spanish, for example, allows you to abbreviate as well). The problem is that Renoise is closed and would have to change to accept the translations, and to be able to select the desired one in the menu of preferences.If this were possible, Renoise would already be translated into German and into Spanish for sure, at least.

And another matter. Renoise is “corseted”.The boxes are of fixed size and within it fit the just words.Perhaps, some icons would also need to be translated.Finally, this issue is related in some way to the screen resolution.Taktik mentioned a few weeks ago that he worked some time in improving the GUI for higher resolutions.Then he left it parked for another mysterious thing. So, it would not hurt to review the topic of language translation along with improving the GUI for higher resolutions, and killing two birds with one stone.But I feel a great disenchantment here. People propose things, months pass and nothing is done. So you can not!

Language has always been a barrier. I am sure it could be used by more clients if it were translated, and the community could contribute a lot here.And of course, it has to be thought to accept updates. Make it easy to review changes for possible Renoise updates.

But hey, this is not new. I get the feeling that he will forget again. Another post to fill in the forums with no effect…

Are you going to take this matter seriously?

EDIT : here (point 4) I comment on the possibility of translating Renoise, that was in October 2015.Years pass…By the way, I’m sure other users have already done it years ago. It is most logical.

So, it would not hurt to review the topic of language translation along with improving the GUI for higher resolutions, and killing two birds with one stone.

That expresses my thoughts exactly.

I am ready to translate into Finnish. It would ease and fasten learning when teaching Renoise to youngsters.

Not sure if I want to see a Dutch version, somehow translations of English to Dutch always sound corny to me in video games, bet it’ll be the same in software (patroon editor, instrumenten lijst, device chain = apparaat keten :slight_smile: ). Would be cool to have optionally, open format language files though.