I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Thanks for the tip! I honestly didn’t even really know about tilt EQs, but definitely going to start using them in my mixes
Also, I updated the song with some adjustments so check it out!
I’m just leaving that same link I posted so I don’t just spam this thread lol

1 Like

I don’t hear any difference…boost the bass,make the treble lower

you can also use a free Pultec EQ (special trick with this EQ)…

Oh hmm ok gotcha

here is a new version to compare, I pretty much just did what you said. I think it sounds a little better, but my judgment might be off (probably need some better monitors)

Believedv2 | Abstex (bandcamp.com)

as far as the Pultec EQ I found the Ignite Amps “PTeq-X” for free, seems pretty good

(edit: the link is private now, I just updated the original track)

:+1:‍‍

1 Like

really appreciate your feedback. a lot of what I do is kind of just a shot in the dark, so getting some input makes a huge difference.

1 Like

hi all, been experimenting with using Renoise as a live performance tool. I made a dark textural breakcore track. Our very own Sick Puppy aka @ToybOx’ music definitely a bit of an influence/inspiration. I’ve also incorporated some techniques that I picked up from @slujr’s fantastic tutorials.

Feedback and such is always welcome!

Warning: video is full of flashing lights.

ps. I’m really happy with how the video turned out.

4 Likes

dope! dig the vibe & the video is great…
I have a feeling I know which techniques you incorporated :upside_down_face:
isn’t generative music fun?!?! (correct me if I’m wrong)

1 Like

Thank you!

Pretty close. I took your idea of randomizing a (drum) pattern. Except I rendered it out and chopped that up again. So in that sense it becomes deterministic. Then I made a bunch of different patterns with that new drum groove as a basis. Which I then trigger via my midi keyboard.

So what you hear is largely pre-programmed and then sequenced live by me. But I added a few MaYbe commands to pretty much all of different patterns. That they have a little bit of variation each time they repeat.

Also took some of your FM sound design ideas and applied to this track.You’ve been a great source of inspiration for me lately. Thanks for that.

1 Like

Now you have the rhythm patterns,you can add serious melody and harmonies…

1 Like

Yes, melody and harmonies are the next step indeed. Been making new patterns that have those. And working on ways to make longer pre-composed melodies flow over the rhythms regardless of how I sequence them. It’s fun stuff to think about.

Edit: In the future i may take this recording and add melodies to it to enhance, yes.

You have made the technical part…next is emotional part…

keep up the good work

1 Like

Awesome. Glad if it’s been some inspiration! It’s gratifying to see the dissemination of ideas bearing fruit in other artist’s work.
cheers :beers:

1 Like

I actually really like it,I’m not just saying that to circlejerk either.I really like the calm ambient background with the mashed up nonsense upfront,something I’d like to try at some stage too as I also make a lot of dark ambient stuff.It’s a nice juxtaposition and you can almost listen to the whole track in separate layers which I really like.

1 Like

The predecessor is amiga but this was their first PC version I believe. And its hard to say what the inspiration was. I tend to play around until I find things I like then build around that. :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/senseiprod/bolero1pt3

Not posted in a while, so here is 2 more uploads. First one is a makeover of some older song i had released on Camomille, but wasn’t quite happy with the mix, IDM / Electronica. The second song is some more laid back Bass / Future Garage kinda thing i had finished end of last year.

6 Likes

fifth attempt to finish track

6 Likes

Nice tracks man always evolving and a good choice of sounds.I can see you put a lot of efford making them

1 Like

Very very very good man!!!I think this is one of your best for sure and i was humming melodies while hearing it.

1 Like

Kind of DnB :disguised_face:

2 Likes