I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

With a tilt EQ on the master,I think you can re-balance the mix (just for preview)

Thanks for the tip! I honestly didnā€™t even really know about tilt EQs, but definitely going to start using them in my mixes
Also, I updated the song with some adjustments so check it out!
Iā€™m just leaving that same link I posted so I donā€™t just spam this thread lol

1 Like

I donā€™t hear any differenceā€¦boost the bass,make the treble lower

you can also use a free Pultec EQ (special trick with this EQ)ā€¦

Oh hmm ok gotcha

here is a new version to compare, I pretty much just did what you said. I think it sounds a little better, but my judgment might be off (probably need some better monitors)

Believedv2 | Abstex (bandcamp.com)

as far as the Pultec EQ I found the Ignite Amps ā€œPTeq-Xā€ for free, seems pretty good

(edit: the link is private now, I just updated the original track)

:+1:ā€ā€

1 Like

really appreciate your feedback. a lot of what I do is kind of just a shot in the dark, so getting some input makes a huge difference.

1 Like

hi all, been experimenting with using Renoise as a live performance tool. I made a dark textural breakcore track. Our very own Sick Puppy aka @ToybOxā€™ music definitely a bit of an influence/inspiration. Iā€™ve also incorporated some techniques that I picked up from @slujrā€™s fantastic tutorials.

Feedback and such is always welcome!

Warning: video is full of flashing lights.

ps. Iā€™m really happy with how the video turned out.

4 Likes

dope! dig the vibe & the video is greatā€¦
I have a feeling I know which techniques you incorporated :upside_down_face:
isnā€™t generative music fun?!?! (correct me if Iā€™m wrong)

1 Like

Thank you!

Pretty close. I took your idea of randomizing a (drum) pattern. Except I rendered it out and chopped that up again. So in that sense it becomes deterministic. Then I made a bunch of different patterns with that new drum groove as a basis. Which I then trigger via my midi keyboard.

So what you hear is largely pre-programmed and then sequenced live by me. But I added a few MaYbe commands to pretty much all of different patterns. That they have a little bit of variation each time they repeat.

Also took some of your FM sound design ideas and applied to this track.Youā€™ve been a great source of inspiration for me lately. Thanks for that.

1 Like

Now you have the rhythm patterns,you can add serious melody and harmoniesā€¦

1 Like

Yes, melody and harmonies are the next step indeed. Been making new patterns that have those. And working on ways to make longer pre-composed melodies flow over the rhythms regardless of how I sequence them. Itā€™s fun stuff to think about.

Edit: In the future i may take this recording and add melodies to it to enhance, yes.

You have made the technical partā€¦next is emotional partā€¦

keep up the good work

1 Like

Awesome. Glad if itā€™s been some inspiration! Itā€™s gratifying to see the dissemination of ideas bearing fruit in other artistā€™s work.
cheers :beers:

1 Like

I actually really like it,Iā€™m not just saying that to circlejerk either.I really like the calm ambient background with the mashed up nonsense upfront,something Iā€™d like to try at some stage too as I also make a lot of dark ambient stuff.Itā€™s a nice juxtaposition and you can almost listen to the whole track in separate layers which I really like.

1 Like

The predecessor is amiga but this was their first PC version I believe. And its hard to say what the inspiration was. I tend to play around until I find things I like then build around that. :slight_smile:

https://soundcloud.com/senseiprod/bolero1pt3

Not posted in a while, so here is 2 more uploads. First one is a makeover of some older song i had released on Camomille, but wasnā€™t quite happy with the mix, IDM / Electronica. The second song is some more laid back Bass / Future Garage kinda thing i had finished end of last year.

6 Likes

fifth attempt to finish track

6 Likes

Nice tracks man always evolving and a good choice of sounds.I can see you put a lot of efford making them

1 Like

Very very very good man!!!I think this is one of your best for sure and i was humming melodies while hearing it.

1 Like