I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

One of the best tracks i have heard in this forum.Loved that you kept it minimal and the singing did not disappoint.At last some singing in this thread exept me and a few others .Start singing people to your tracks even if you dont like your voice,you will get better i promise and there are so many ways these days to correct any mistakes after so give it a go.I am thinking i should create a topic about singing for people to post their own tracks or covers from other artists

2 Likes

Thanks man :slight_smile: really appreciate you listening and providing kind feedback.

Singing is something a lot of people are hesitant to try but thatā€™s a shame because thereā€™s so much variation in voices and vox can change a song immensely. Even singers who struggle to sing in tune (early Afghan Whigs and Greg Dulli, non autotuned Anthony Kiedis, a lot of punk vocalists etc) can sound amazing and have brilliant voices that you still want to listen to.

Hell Iā€™m a rubbish singer but I enjoy singing and writing lyrics and when I record I sing the words with meaning and sincerity and if I can pull it off then anyone can :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Extra points for vox in mutant breaks 14 rn! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Here is a little bass track i just uploaded, made completely with renoise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every good musician is listening to different styles! :slightly_smiling_face:

You havenā€™t listed Elektro or Synthwave, my favorite styles. If you want to know Synthwave check this thread, and here you can find a couple of Elektro songs. Of course you can also check this thread right here, there are plenty of different songs made by Renoise users.

Nice song with a surprising title. :grin:

Imagine me singing to Acid Electro or similar. :upside_down_face:
No, singing would ruin most of the tracks. I prefer instrumental songs.
But I can imagine making a Synthwave track with (someone) singing one day.

1 Like

Thanks for those comments!
Cannot really answer exactly what would be my next tracks genre, since I like to kind of go with the flow mixing all my influences. I have a few demos ongoing, especially one which contains some metal samples (guitars, growls, ā€¦) mixed with breakbeats 4x4 rhythms (little slower than this one).

1 Like

I wanted to make a emotional song, ended up with a song that uses only 2 pianos and a sine wave

(also made in renoise like usual)

also i would love to hear some opinions

3 Likes

I like it both sensitive and emotional .Maybe too much reverb or delay.Use a send channel instead of placing them in the track its self for both delay and reverb if you havent done it in this track.Some eq to cut high feq from the main piano groove and eq to cut low freq from the melody to clean it up.The main piano groove may need some mid freq adjustments, you have to hunt them down with an eq like the video below.The video is about vocals but it is the same about other instruments too.

1 Like

Thanks for the opinion! Eq was used in both pianoā€™s , I like the sound i made with the piano but iā€™m gonna keep your opinion in my mind on my next tracks. Iā€™m not sure about the send channel thing you told me, will google that.

1 Like

have made a whole album, something like Neo Folk and Folktronica, like fuimadane or Heilung, etc.

90% of all sounds are self-recorded and absolutely no syntheziser sounds are usedā€¦
including didgeridoo, mouth-harp, ukulele, drum, rattles, jingles, field recordings, one of my swords, my voice, etc.

8 Likes

Made this abomination after slacking off for a month or so. Played a lot of diablo, and I think you can hear it :stuck_out_tongue:

What a creative person you are my friend,one man band literally.Loved the sound choices here,organic feeling.I really like organic stuff and although my tracks are made in the box i always try to find sounds that are ā€œrealā€ and play them in unquanrized.Good mixing too

1 Like

Great work, itā€™s always good to hear some electroacoustic stuff. I havenā€™t got much time to listen at the mo but when I do Iā€™ll provide more solid feedback. On first impressions however these tunes sound brilliant.

1 Like

thank you . it started with that i bought a jewā€™s harp and i needed a new microphone so that it doesnā€™t sound so totally thin. little by little i started to record here really everything possible + the child drum of my daughter (thatā€™s the bass drum:-D ). so yggdrasil (yes , iā€™m the inventor of the electric jewā€™s harp and the bass ukulele (to hear in the beginning of zauberquellā€¦) was born. anyway, everything that sounds like guitar is ukulele;-) ) and because the whole thing was so much fun, i decided to make an album. i find that just the mixing was very easy, because all sounds are of the same quality and i didnā€™t have to adjust many different synths. for each track i used the same mastering chain. actually everything is renoise builtin, except for 2 or 3 airwindows plugins like verbity. a good samplelibrary for orchestra sounds you can find at virtual playing orchestra

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

Right my friend Iā€™ve had a proper good listen now and honestly I just really enjoyed it, youā€™ve made a fantastic album and I canā€™t offer any criticism or constructive feedback or anything.

When I first had a quick listen I thought it was maybe a bit muddy or flat but na, now I think it sounds great. The production sounds very good, the tracklist works and it all glides along sweetly.

Favourite track - Schwert & Carnyx

P.S. actually, Iā€™ll stick with current trends and suggest that lead vocals on a lot of those tracks may have added something gloriousā€¦! Maybeā€¦ But other than that I donā€™t have any real feedback Iā€™m afraid.

i just published 1st instrumental album on bandcamp (it will be published on all major platforms soon)

7 Likes

Congrats on the release! :beers: :tada:

1 Like

I see you ve been busy.Good stuff man and the track 3 is a masterpiece.How come you left them unnamed?

1 Like