I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Thnx for listining :wink:
Nice to see and hear what others do with renoise, somehow Renoise is quite a underdogā€¦not a lot people know it while in my opinion its a very powerful and good daw.
Mostly I hear people use FL ,Ableton or studio 1 these days, I tryed them out all but I stay with renoise.

1 Like

Hello Jeffrey and welcome. So after 12 years youā€™ve found this forum. I think you wonā€™t regret it, there are enough users who can help if youā€™ve got questions. This is also my 12th year of using Renoise, so we might have started at the same time. After posting some questions in 2011 I ignored the forum for 7 or 8 years. I donā€™t know why I came back, but I did. Iā€™ve learned a couple of things, I was animated to deal more with production stuff and I improved the way Iā€™m creating music (especially the quality of sound), and you will do the same for sure. Feel free to ask whenever thereā€™s a question. And donā€™t forget to post your music here. You will multiply your wisdom, you might gain followers, you probably will find people you like to collaborate with and maybe you could even find sympathetic people you will meet in real life one day, just like in any worthy community. You never know, right? Have fun and create more music or else (sorry, insider). :wink:

So tell me, why do so many dutch people adore Gabber and Hardcore Techno? I checked your SC and of course you did a lot of that stuff, too. And yes, Iā€™ve also noticed your Synthwave track. But I think what I like the most is the stuff you labeled ā€œElectronicā€ like ā€œJust epicā€. And I have to say, itā€™s kinda funny that youā€™ve got a track called ā€œEine Bieneā€ but the picture shows a wasp and not a bee.

Really? Ok then, I assume ā€œReisā€ is related to ā€œReyesā€ and therefore it means ā€œkingā€, am I right?
In Germany ā€œReisā€ means ā€œriceā€ and you pronounce it the same way. Itā€™s a food, not a king.

Letā€™s just call it ā€œElectronicā€. If thereā€™s no obvious style itā€™s always simply ā€œElectronicā€. Itā€™s something in between Techno and Breakbeat, but without any Electro elements. Feel free to call it ā€œSnarecutā€ if you want to, itā€™s your style. Your mix doesnā€™t suck, thatā€™s a good start. And itā€™s obvious that youā€™re not a beginner. A beginner couldnā€™t do what youā€™ve done with this track. Especially in terms of the pad at 1:22 and 3:16, which is my favorite part of the track. Iā€™m looking forward to hear more ā€œdrum workā€ from you even though I donā€™t know what to expect. More ā€œSnarecutā€ stuff? Several styles? What style are you producing usually? Anyway, keep it up.

3 Likes

And I have to say, itā€™s kinda funny that youā€™ve got a track called ā€œEine Bieneā€ but the picture shows a wasp and not a bee.

Thats actually funny you are the first one that notice the mistake hahaha I already know ā€œeine bieneā€ means ā†’ a bee, but you see a wasp on the picture.
I did notice it after I uploaded it.
But then I also said ā€œaaaaah fck it , leave it like thatā€ :joy:
And the question about the dutch loving gabber/hardcore ā€¦I dont know it never gets old to have some hard hitting music now and then.
But to be fair I listen to a really wide variety of music ,country (like hank williams 3 etc) , blues , hiphop (50cnt / nas etc), jazz , all styles of house (hard/minimal/deep/electro), dnb / dubstep a little, reggae (israel vibration , marley etc) , funk is also nice and last but not least psy trance , old 90s early rave and hardcore.
Im always looking for new music to discover , I just like music in general :smile:

1 Like

whatā€™s that vocal synth/speech generator? heard it in many different songs but couldnā€™t find what it was

Aw man I suck at embedding playersā€¦! How do you embed the Bandcamp player in a reply? Pasting the embed code (HTML) in here just inserts a blank box.

Just the url, the preview is misleadingā€¦

1 Like

Thank you ffx :slight_smile: much respect, much appreciated.

Long story short - did these last year, tried to leave the guitars out of it and combine acoustic percussion with electronic programming (most of the songs have cajon and programmed percussion for example, plus synthesis instead of layered guitars). I think I started these in Reason 11 originally but developed and completed them in Renoise after moving to Linux.

seriƶse scheiƟe

At the height of the valley
Thereā€™s a sine war
Reaching its limit
Its threshold
And itā€™s finding a body
A life form
But the time it was given is uncontrolled

A light inhibition
My folklore
In Iroquoian
Dry protocol
But Iā€™m in attrition
I need alcohol
I need a destroyer to create Lysol

And I bleed my mind
I scream out your name
In Iroquoian
I play the game
Unrefined
Unashamed
Whereupon my emissary vein

4 Likes

One of the best tracks i have heard in this forum.Loved that you kept it minimal and the singing did not disappoint.At last some singing in this thread exept me and a few others .Start singing people to your tracks even if you dont like your voice,you will get better i promise and there are so many ways these days to correct any mistakes after so give it a go.I am thinking i should create a topic about singing for people to post their own tracks or covers from other artists

2 Likes

Thanks man :slight_smile: really appreciate you listening and providing kind feedback.

Singing is something a lot of people are hesitant to try but thatā€™s a shame because thereā€™s so much variation in voices and vox can change a song immensely. Even singers who struggle to sing in tune (early Afghan Whigs and Greg Dulli, non autotuned Anthony Kiedis, a lot of punk vocalists etc) can sound amazing and have brilliant voices that you still want to listen to.

Hell Iā€™m a rubbish singer but I enjoy singing and writing lyrics and when I record I sing the words with meaning and sincerity and if I can pull it off then anyone can :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Extra points for vox in mutant breaks 14 rn! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

Here is a little bass track i just uploaded, made completely with renoise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every good musician is listening to different styles! :slightly_smiling_face:

You havenā€™t listed Elektro or Synthwave, my favorite styles. If you want to know Synthwave check this thread, and here you can find a couple of Elektro songs. Of course you can also check this thread right here, there are plenty of different songs made by Renoise users.

Nice song with a surprising title. :grin:

Imagine me singing to Acid Electro or similar. :upside_down_face:
No, singing would ruin most of the tracks. I prefer instrumental songs.
But I can imagine making a Synthwave track with (someone) singing one day.

1 Like

Thanks for those comments!
Cannot really answer exactly what would be my next tracks genre, since I like to kind of go with the flow mixing all my influences. I have a few demos ongoing, especially one which contains some metal samples (guitars, growls, ā€¦) mixed with breakbeats 4x4 rhythms (little slower than this one).

1 Like

I wanted to make a emotional song, ended up with a song that uses only 2 pianos and a sine wave

(also made in renoise like usual)

also i would love to hear some opinions

3 Likes

I like it both sensitive and emotional .Maybe too much reverb or delay.Use a send channel instead of placing them in the track its self for both delay and reverb if you havent done it in this track.Some eq to cut high feq from the main piano groove and eq to cut low freq from the melody to clean it up.The main piano groove may need some mid freq adjustments, you have to hunt them down with an eq like the video below.The video is about vocals but it is the same about other instruments too.

1 Like

Thanks for the opinion! Eq was used in both pianoā€™s , I like the sound i made with the piano but iā€™m gonna keep your opinion in my mind on my next tracks. Iā€™m not sure about the send channel thing you told me, will google that.

1 Like

have made a whole album, something like Neo Folk and Folktronica, like fuimadane or Heilung, etc.

90% of all sounds are self-recorded and absolutely no syntheziser sounds are usedā€¦
including didgeridoo, mouth-harp, ukulele, drum, rattles, jingles, field recordings, one of my swords, my voice, etc.

8 Likes

Made this abomination after slacking off for a month or so. Played a lot of diablo, and I think you can hear it :stuck_out_tongue: