I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

On my Koss Porta Pro it sounds perfect.
But usually they sound a bit muffled and bass heavy which is not the case here. Could be that there are too much highs maybe?

absolutely possible depending on what youā€™re listening with ! nothing is ever right on spot for every system out there. but i also mitigated everything above 6k in the soundcloud/bandcamp version, because on other (cheaper / less resolving) speakers, i also had the impression of having a bit too much highend.

1 Like

Thatā€™s work in progress:

2 Likes

Maybe just too much low mids (~300-500 Hz). This is so 80s haha :joy: Guitar could be more in the front for my taste.

1 Like

Hm, ok will try to fix that. Maybe not in this room, or headphones :slight_smile:

@ffx I like this musical mood. Quite catchy, especially the first minute, very J-M Jarre!

@lilith Sounds good so far, the acid riff coming around 2ā€™ fit very well and give a good boost to the track at mid-term. :+1:

2 Likes

Long time no see.Great track man and i see sunvox version 2 coming soon.Do you think that the developer will make a vst version as is rumored?

SunVox as VST like Redux is planned I think, but VST inside SunVox will never happen imo.Second track was made with Reaper using mainly Uhe Synths.

1 Like

Y2015

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty nice! Reminds me on Darkspace!

Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s the 3rd or 5th attempt on this that Iā€™m listening to.

Yup, of course I like it. Youā€™re sticking to the retro style Synthwave consequently. But I have to agree with @lilith, you should reduce the low frequencies or push everything else, because as you said itā€™s boomy as fuck. But nevertheless itā€™s not rumbling, which is good.

The beat needs to getting used to, but itā€™s something different, no usual stuff, which is a good thing. I like your choice of instruments and the vibe, too.

Thatā€™s breakbeat stuff I like. Nice beat, good instrumentation, and the mix sounds great through headphones. Thereā€™s also some kind of nostalgia within this track, like always. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, yes the second track is a 7/8 beat. Did this by accident :joy:

Well, this time I liked it myself. It sounds awesome on my shitty speakers, so I guess I mixed it to match those speakers and no room treatment at all hehe. I think thats all I care for. Thanks though for the feedback. Maybe I should sell my audio equipment, too.

A short melodic chill track Iā€™ve made this week-end, a bit of BGM/lofi inspiredā€¦

Guitar is from the free vst DSK dynamic guitars, good for sure!

3 Likes

Just listen through your Audio Technica ATH-M50X after adjusting the sound to your shitty speakers and everything will be fine. :wink:

Cool. Can you imagine what I see if Iā€™m listening to this?

1 Like

Hehe you are rightā€¦ :grin:
I made some tracks for an indy J-RPG project months ago, but unfortunately the project is stopped so farā€¦
(the track above is not from this project but close to the musical genre yes)

Probably needs an extra round (or two, maybe seven) of fixing (attempts).

2 Likes

Brain prosthesis v2016

4 Likes

Wow lots of great tracks here, inspiring! Iā€™m still learning, but hereā€™s something I did this morning in Bitwig. Trying to train myself to break out of being so repetitive.

Most of us suffer the same thing.I have a new track coming touching that very thing .Bitwig is a good Daw to help you get out of that loop with the Grid and all that modulation

1 Like