I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

9/4 splintered breaks,made in 2021,with visuals by Ad Twister,sample pack coming soon.

9 Likes

@Fabrice
Yes, in the past I released everything right after I have finished the tracks, but since 1-2 years I take the time of around one week to relisten several times (with a break of 1-2 days in between) and adjust everything. But nevertheless I mostly still find something after uploading my tracks. My tracks sound slightly different on Soundcloud, I guess something like in this case (ā€œtreble cracklingā€) can be heard better when itā€™s on Soundcloud. The crackling could be heard in the original, too, but much softer, almost not audible. When I first listened to my track on Soundcloud for the first time right after the upload I immediately was thinking WTF. It bothered me that much that I had to delete it, to readjust it the next day and finally to reupload it. On Youtube I donā€™t give a fuck how it sounds, because all my videos have a poor sound quality. But on Soundcloud it should be ok at least, even if the tracks wonā€™t be online forever. :slightly_smiling_face:

No complaints?

Is it online somewhere? Youtube? Soundcloud? Elsewhere?

To be honest, I canā€™t stand this kind of music. How is it called? Breakcore? For me itā€™s noise which makes (me) aggressive. But thatā€™s my taste, no more and no less. Seemingly there are many Renoisers creating this kind of music. I can imagine itā€™s a lot of work to finish a song in this style and I can see that youā€™re putting a lot of effort into your work. No complaints about the mix, maybe here and there a little bit harsh in the high ends, but maybe this is also part of the music style, I donā€™t know. Anyway, good work. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

forest darkpsy track, all synthesis/mixing/mastering done natively within renoise using stock dsp, except for one or two sounds from fm8 and the incomparable smexoscope :upside_down_face:

hope you enjoy the dark vibezzz

3 Likes

You wouldnā€™t want to read it if there is.

@xtd these kind of things should not be happens to the users I think .

Ah, the man who once criticized a 3 minute dance track for not having a song structure like a classical piece. :wink:
Now Iā€™m even more interested, go on. Youā€™d be surprised how much of the constructive critisism has already been implemented. And I didnā€™t forget your criticism, too. Biut of course my tracks still arenā€™t classical pieces. There still are repeatings, but not that obvious than in the song you criticized in 2020. It always depends on the music, its style and what you want to achieve.

Canā€™t remember actually making that direct statement, sorry if you got that impression (and IDK it would probably be not so good if you did write a 3 minute dance track like that) anywayā€¦

I think the point that I was trying to convey (and you probably didnā€™t get) was that music (any style) has lots of repetition. What you have to ask yourself is: is my musical idea worth repeating? IMO in your 2020 track it wasnā€™t that good (to me). I wasnā€™t much for the initial idea in the first placeā€¦let alone then repeating it. But thatā€™s just my opinion. Which you donā€™t/didnā€™t care for. Thatā€™s fair enough, donā€™t take everything to heart. TBH there is a lot of music I donā€™t care for (including all of my own). As this forum will constantly tell you, it is all subjective what is good and what is not so good.

If you post music on a public forum, be prepared for someone to not like what you have created. Is it easy to do? Nope, people donā€™t like (myself included) been told by other people that what they have said/done/created isnā€™t actually that good. TNT likes people to completely agree with TNT. Itā€™s when people just subtly slip in those tiny tiny negative comments that maybe just maybe you could improve what you have done/said/created. I made that mistake with you (as you and I both recall) a while back. (Maybe dspasic has also learned that(?))

Iā€™ve said things on this forum that are wrong. Iā€™ll admit it. Iā€™m not perfect. But I donā€™t believe that anybody is. Do you believe that what you say/do/create is complete perfection TNT? That your world is the true answer to life the universe and everything and everybody should adhere to your way of life? Maybe, maybe not. Are you just constantly looking for counter argument on forums? Maybe, maybe not. I can only judge by what I read on this forum (likewise you can only judge me by what you read). If that is a good way on how to judge people IDK it probably isnā€™t.

As for counter arguments to this post, Iā€™m sure there are lots that you can conjure up (and Iā€™m sure you will). Maybe I think it best if we just simply avoid each other sir :slight_smile:

Why is there so many little weenies on this forum?put the handbags away and strap on a pair ladies.

2 Likes

I told you back then that every opinion counts and I already told you now that I didnā€™t forget your criticism. You could hear it if you listen to my tracks, what you obviously havenā€™t done. But no problem at all. You can do and think whatever you want.

TBH, yes, it is. If you think a posted piece of music is awful and you write it down, no problem, thatā€™s your opinion. You canā€™t please everyone. No one can. But if you write it down, then you should also be able to justify your criticism in a fair way.

Does it seem that Iā€™m thinking this way? No way. What makes you think that I do so?

That was your wish for whatever reason back then, yes. And Iā€™m not the one who reactivated our contact. :wink:

@ToybOx
IDK. Btw, I donā€™t feel adressed. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is 9 on the Mohs scale:

3 Likes

I would prefered it to be a little shorter but it was nice

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WyaHY3nVqIcBmoJ1OcmsDABxGcB-byHz/view?usp=sharing

5 years agoā€¦+ a bus compressor

Canā€™t seem to open it on my phone, even though its showing as a .flac file.

converted to .wav now

Nice early 2000s neuro dnb vibes to it, the modulation of the arp/riff is nice, beat is a little bit static though. Solid foundation to build on imo.

1 Like

heres yet another sleepy/chill/laid back lofi beat iā€™ve made, hope someone likes it

10 Likes

here is an alt pop song I made, I hope you hate itā€¦

4 Likes

this is sick af

1 Like

I hope you said that as a joke because this is a good track.Maybe the mix needs some tweaking but this is a good track.

1 Like

Thanks! I was just joshin haha. Yeah the mix is pretty rough. Itā€™s definitely something I need to work on in general

1 Like