I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

Kind of DnB :disguised_face:

2 Likes

Only criticism: Itā€™s too loud :rofl:

1 Like

Great track! Did you play the bass yourself? Add some vocals and it is ready for the radio. Maybe also a bit too much distortion sometimes? I hear it in the bass and especially at 3:16.

Also check the category:

:rofl:

2 Likes

itā€™s funny you say that, bc I was trying to get this one as loud as possible, just as a test of some mixing conceptsā€¦ managed to score -6.3 lufs! thatā€™s pretty fā€™in loud, lol

1 Like

@stoiximan Thank you!
@lilith Thank you! yes, i did play & program the bass in combinationā€¦
about processing - i was sick of it last night so i over-processed it a lotā€¦ that includes saturation/distortion nonlinearitiesā€¦ but i liked it at that point just like that. This morning iā€™ve realised that i was not being modest with mixing at allā€¦ wellā€¦

about the screenshot & category - i do not understand? please help:D
oh, i understand now: well, i do put random labels from time to timeā€¦ maybe wishing that people would listen it without vocalsā€¦ like audiobook or somethingā€¦ but itā€™s a philosophical topic no doubtā€¦ :smiley:

1 Like

lilith You dont post frequently like you used to but you have really stepped up your game and this track is no exception

2 Likes

Iā€™m still around :blush: but I missed the latest Mutant Breaks cause I was busy with some tracks using different DAWs.
And I had some kind of blockage. Should also finish tracks faster. The one from above sounded almost identical 3 weeks ago. Still not super happy with the bassā€¦ I think itā€™s too loudā€¦

2 Likes

Great track. Digging how it sounds. But I donā€™t think it is fully finished yet. I feel it needs another (melodic) layer over it. Either a fully sung melody. Or just hummed or whistled sounds. Possibly a little bit faster than the rest of the track to add contrast.

If singing/humming/whistling are no options, add some voice samples from a film or something. Doesnā€™t have to be much. But I think a little bit of human voice in there will make it shine even brighter.

Regardless, well done! It has a nice groove.

@lilith Nice! I like the vibe of this track. Digging your drum and bass sounds. Like @stoiximan says, youā€™ve stepped up your game. The Ouija samples does get on my nerves after a while. And I feel it loses it impact by returning to that same sample over and over again.

2 Likes

simplistic beat with acapella.
Instruments: Redux for drums (sampler) and for others itā€™s analog lab (arturia) and unused Hive track - as seen in screenshot :smiley:

(iā€™m trying to go full Mixbus32c lately. as Iā€™m sick of switching DAWs every now and then. Redux is the main ingredient, specially after @taktik fixed the crash which concerned only Mixbus/ardour. Thank you!!!)

@eretsua Thanks about commentary. Currently one friend is recording vocals over it(rap-oriented). Whenever i make instrumental, i make sure to freestyle over it, sing, hum and what not. i think that is still my main motivation why i make instrumentals in the first placeā€¦ I also try to leave empty space for others to try to convolute their ideas (sing or else)ā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks, thatā€™s a good point. Maybe I take some of the samples out.

1 Like

this weekā€™s weeklybeats:

swamp psytrance made in renoise 126 bpm. 99% renoise for sound design/synthesis, no vsti

hope you enjoy!

3 Likes

and another!

darkpsy/breaks @ 188 & 94 bpm
all renoise :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

This is a work in progress featuring typewriter percussion and a nice dulcimer for plucks. I call it ā€œfingers fly to youā€ and imagine a feverish letter being written from one lover to another ā€“ one on which the whole world depends. Will probably add guitar and voice to it, but happy enough with the state itā€™s in to get your feedback. Thanks in advance :grin:

4 Likes

Quite liking this one, catchy melody. I feel this just needs a little refocus in the mixing. Try that bass as a main rhythm element, louder and much more prominent and the main drumkit later on, have it sit more in the background as an extra element with a few less of those snare rolls. The song ends for me, when a breakdown could come in and then continues on into the second main part derived from what you have, but with some variations / additions like the mentioned guitar part or some athmos / pads could work nice too.

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback, good suggestions! Iā€™ve been trying to tame the bass ā€“ I think itā€™s because I have both a bass synth and some bassy piano drones in there, should balance them better or lose the piano. Yes, definitely more variety is needed, especially in the drum flames. Thanks!

I like this one! But to me it feels like a different drug than alcohol. Anyway, I dig the vibe of this a lot. So much restless energy. :star_struck:

@trueschool I like this track. Maybe it is because I listened to zensphereā€™s tune before yours. And his mix is very loud, bright and punchy. So your mix, in comparison at least, feels a bit murky. And at the same time also a bit over-hyped. But it is an interesting little tune. Definitely worth spending some more time on the mix.

1 Like

I made own bell sample instrument and did a short improvisation with it.

1 Like

v2015

2 Likes

Hmm, not sure how to describe this:

What do you think? Is it too much gibberish like usual or am i on to something?

5 Likes

I like the sounds you choose/produce,if now you could start sequencing them in a more logical manner :smiley:. But then again this is your way of making music and i am used to the usual/typical way of songs so just ingore me and do your thing :smile: :smile:

1 Like