I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

If I could go back in time and at least EQ it, I would. This type of stuff is the reason I need to start a new project once I start making songs where I am putting effort into each element as if it is its own song, rather than lazily thrown together stuff that just “works”. The guitar is only there because I felt like I “needed” an intro. It’s actually a Sugar Bytes Factory instance with a lot of distortion, maybe rendered too.

Yeah some tracks are just done when they’re done (or unrecoverable lol). Dope basses. Did you do the synthesis on those or are they samples/presets? Nice heavy track in any case

1 Like

I used ZERO bass samples and presets in my producing time from those days, I was huge into making basses in the VSTs and then getting Renoise helped me get more into resampling basses. I used a lot of FM8, some Sugar Bytes Factory/Cyclop, and other stuff I made in Razor and Massive. I appreciate that you fw it

1 Like

Yeah nice work! FM 8 is a bit of a bear to work with but so tasty when it hits

2 Likes

It doesn’t hold your hand with basses… but I’ve been using it for melodic preset tweaking lately and the “Easy” section really does hold your hand nice and tight

1 Like

Yes, some good tweakery to be had there for sure. I like getting into the nitty gritty with the matrix and envelopes, but haven’t used fm8 in a minute… In any case, keep posting! Especially renoise tunes if’n when you got em🤘

1 Like

This is a remix of Dire Straights’ - Money For Nothing. First track I made after opening up Renoise again after making some basic logic beats a year ago. The difference between this one and the Logic Pro X beats on the same tape is pretty drastic.

3 Likes

Man, that feels like I’m on some heavy drugs having a bad trip while standing next to the subwoofer in a night club in the 80s. It’s an interesting experience, but not necessarily a good one.

1 Like

Yes, but it always depends on what you want to achieve. The MODs surprisingly still sound pretty good, no matter on which system, but at the same time it lacks depth, stereo, “whoomp” and so on. I knew from the very beginning that creating songs in a tracker like SoundTracker or let’s say on Amiga in general can’t compete with “professionals” in terms of quality and wouldn’t make me happy forever. At that time I was dreaming of a “career” as a Techno artist, but all those limitations stopped me from signing a contract with a label at the age of 14, which is a true story (I whished I had the possibilities of today’s Renoise at that time). Furthermore at one point my music stagnated in terms of further development and improvement, I’ve literally reached the end of technical possibilities after 3-4 years of creating music on Amiga, and the fun creating stuff disappeared. So it was cool at the beginning for round about 2 years, I’ve learned all the basics of how to compose and how to handle a tracker and I’ve also tried a lot of stuff, but once I’ve done that I wanted more. If I would have been a guy who wanted to create demoscene music I would have been totally satisfied, but my goal was my music being played in a club. And therefore you also need a good production quality or at least a good sound quality, because you need that depth and “whoomp”.

Absolutely! But we have to mention that especially Techno was way simpler back then. And especially in the 90s there were HUGE development steps within literally just a couple of years, especially from 1992 ro 1997. The difference is HUGE. Personally I also think that the style of the guy in your video is boring, because all he’s doing is playing some loops in parallel while turning some knobs now and then. But there is a lot of stuff playing in parallel, even if there’s not much happening. But it’s that style of music, that is completely focussed on danceability in the club. This kind of music was made for being mixed.

2 Likes

Tribal type rhythm in 5/8

5 Likes

Aspiring type beat producer here that uses Renoise. Had a YouTube(deleted it) as well but for now I’m testing each algorithm and video editing before I go full force

https://www.tiktok.com/@icasiino?_t=8j1Uf43EWoI&_r=1

2 Likes

This sounds kind of dated, like me, but it’s fun and it’s all glued together by Renoise:
TD-3, SP-404SX, CynthCart

5 Likes

I use tiktok too, but very casually. Whenever I have the energy to open Renoise, I usually put something on TikTok when I am taking a break. Winter is a slow season. I followed you.

https://www.tiktok.com/@eettee_
Mine is here if you want to watch me produce the same project for maybe a month now.

1 Like

I set up a feedback loop to add some more crunch to the Analog Rytm. And I damaged my mixer in the process. So here you go my mixer’s swan song / death throes of a mixer:

5 Likes

This is so awesome!

1 Like

People swear you can’t really damage your mixer setting up feedback loops and such,I’ve also damaged 2 mixers doing this.

1 Like

Yup, you’re quickly exceeding the recommend input voltages. Maybe some high end mixer have built-in protection against that. But they would presumably be less suited for harsh feedback noise stuff.

Ordered an inexpensive 2nd hand Mackie mixer. Gonna see how that one holds up.

1 Like

Exactly what I do now,I bought a cheap behringer just for feedback

2 Likes

Thanks, it was the peak I achieved before starting to make a style that I never finished anything in, a sort of a cyberpunk electro-glitch-house. I was jamming out to the dubstep for a bit before, though, what a cool time. I think the changing seasons changed my tastes, perhaps.

This one moved me ahead in a Noisia Radio Discord competition back in ye olde 2019… I made it to the quarterfinals before making an awful melodic track and getting eliminated, and in Logic I think. This one was Renoise. The criteria was to make a song in the 7/8 time signature. Breakcore!

4 Likes

:point_up: nice.

here’s this week’s weeklybeats:

an older freestyle track I started a couple years back that I put some shine on
all renoise ofc, plus a couple external samples

3 Likes