I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

A simple little ditty for a simple Sunday:

Mixed, mastered etc in Renoise. All Renoise’s internal sampler and stock effects bar CHOWtapemodel (it’s lovely!).

6 Likes

this week’s track. quite chill…

8 Likes

My weekly track. Fast, hypnotic techno with analog synths.

6 Likes

That is a fine “piece of filler” to keep your streak going. Seriously though, it sounds wonderful. Nice, quiet and introspective. I could see this develop into something with beats eventually. You know, put up a few dams up, dig a few canals and before you know it you have an infrastructure of waterways. Channeling that water.

Do you know Jon Hopkins’ Music For Psychedelic Therapy? Reminds me a bit of that actually. That ain’t a bad thing in my book.

1 Like

thanks! yes, I am familiar with that record, to some extent. I appreciate the comparison. :pray:

glad if you enjoy. these types of procedural ambient tracks are really fun to set up in renoise, and it’s nice to switch it up from thunderous bass beats every now and again

1 Like

Welcome Predawka

Big fan of healing music here, this track is 100 % playable for a meditative session, really fit the genre.
I’m impressed it’s all native… sounds really nice.

You wrotte it’s generative that mean the synths notes suites are generated during the track?

2 Likes

Thank you. Yes, renoise is more than capable as a synthesizer and in fact has more complex effects routing available than most soft synths. This piece is generative in that there are some probabilistic commands nested within the patterns and their phrases. Essentially, if I’m remembering correctly - as I don’t have the piece in front of me, sometimes notes will be triggered, sometimes they won’t, but always in a polyrhythmic pattern, and perhaps with some probabilistic octave jumps as well.

Glad to hear you think this is a viable piece within the genre :relieved:

3 Likes

These medieval in-game tunes got made when i was still working in game development.
Renoise + Miroslav Philharmonic. Thought i put them here for old time sake :slight_smile:

Cheers, people !

6 Likes

This ambientish track was made in Jeskola Buzz.
(couple of rough years reflected in that kind of mood i guess)

6 Likes

If you have any more in this vein, dungeon synth would like to have a word with you :dagger: :shield: :mountain_snow:

1 Like

How ugly can music be? Here my goal was to make something completely fucked up, and i think i achieved my goal, but in a bad way. :smiley:
I’ll just go ahead and say sorry in advance:

8 Likes

That’s really neat, actually. Very peculiar vibe. I like it! What am I listening to in terms of samples?

1 Like

Ah yeah, i forgot to mention that all the samples are created using AI. It’s free if you register: https://app.audiogen.co/
It sure is lacking in precision, but that can lead to very interesting sounds. :slight_smile:
I couldn’t make it sing actual words, it just turned into nonsense, but it’s pretty good at making EDM drum loops, or rather sequences of hard banging drums. I guess it was trained on a lot DJ stuff.

1 Like
9 Likes

I love this first one! Great dynamics in the drums & percs. Catchy melody also.

1 Like

Cool video! I like the blend mode trick, showing the anime. Not sure, is that nausicaa or Laputa? The character waving goodbye is from Nausicaa, I think. It’s been a while since I’ve seen those.

Anyway, the tune isn’t really my cup of tea. The higher shards of melody are nice, though. And the production is tight. Very well done!

Cheers mate and good eye. It’s Laputa - Castle in the Sky! I only watched it for the first time the other day :slight_smile: I will definitely use Nausicaa in the future though!

2 Likes

Just saw the boy and the heron in the theater the other night. Gorgeous and simple and strange and breathtaking in all the ways that you’d expect from Miyazaki. A very strong film. Although I’d say Howl’s moving castle, princess Mononoke, and spirited away are still my favorites from ghibli

2 Likes

Not to derail the thread but… The Boy and The Heron felt like a Miyazaki’s greatest hits compilation album to me. It’s beautiful and it hits the right notes, but it’s nothing new under the Ghibli sun. Still, I would recommend seeing it in the cinema if you can.

And surpassing the greats like the ones @Slur metioned, not easily done. Not even for Miyazaki himself.

1 Like