I would like to hear your music made with Renoise or other Daws

2 Likes

Oh man that was epic!!Going straight to my favorites!At 1:37 the breakdown is a bit sudden does not sound good to me

1 Like

finished an idm / drillā€™nā€™bass album after 1.5 years, did 2 tracks from it in renoise (-:

2 Likes

moreover,

3 Likes

Due to poor mental health, It has been quite awhile since I did anything at all productive in Renoise, or music related at all. Been getting a lot done lately and being better. This little EP is an ambient loveletter made entirely in Renoise using primarily improvisational on a Korg microKEY Air right into Renoise. Very simple compositions, but I do quite like how they turned out.

Bandcamp Link:

Audius Link:

I will likely do some mastering in Reaper and then release this through Distrokid. For now its Bandcamp/Audius exclusive!

5 Likes

A new one, I hope you enjoy https://soundcloud.com/neonate_aeon/anymore

2 Likes

Stay strong my friend,there are many of us in the same position

3 Likes

Rauha II, made with Reaper.

1 Like

falseprophet.mp3 (youtube.com)

Stil learning a lot but hope you enjoy listening to it! Made with Renoise :heart:

Moo!

1 Like

Made this track few years ago, really proud of it Stream Lemodine by migloJE | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

1 Like

Made this with Renoise for a Techno Battle.

5 Likes

Stream Terrasseskruer by Gunnars Farvebio | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Sorry to interrupt you againā€¦ another one hereā€¦

Is this song about a warrior fighting for the rights of cows? Or whatā€™s the idea? I dig the ā€œbasic frameworkā€ of the sound, what I miss is something happening. The beat and the overall sound is nice, but mostly nothing happens. Imho you should add a little more, just like you did at around 3:00 (the wobbling sound) or 4:30 (the high synth).

Nice. Imho the strength of the title is the composition, especially because of its ā€œunevennessā€ in terms of beat, Acid line and so on. Its weakness are too many resonances in general. What I mean is what you can hear from around 1:54, especially the reverb of the melodious synth starting at that point ā€œoverloadsā€ the amount of mud.

90s Acid Trance style, well captured. Whatā€™s the theme of the competition? Just ā€œTechnoā€?

Hereā€™s the correct (playable) link:

This sounds like music from an old videogame from 35 years ago. The composition is well done and the tune creates a special kind of atmosphere. For me personally it just feels pretty empty, too. Partially there are only 4 instruments playing at the same time (including kick and snare), so there are really a lot of gaps. Too many gaps if you ask me. This song screams for more extent, especially in the background. Just like Thomas Mogensen aka Drax did with all his arps and stuff ( :wink: ). By the way, of course Thomas E. Petersen aka Laxity is Norwegian and not Danish. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello, appreciate your listening and your feedback. Proper Gent!

Truth be told the Track was called ā€œTechno 1ā€ until the end, then Rinderkreiger got applied to it out of a shortlist of ungulate themed ideas, as I thought the idea of fighting cows (like actual cows with swords and armour) was amusing.

I am dabbling across a few different styles at the moment, but I find Techno particularily intriguing. To my ear at least, thereā€™s kind of a fine balance with just the right amount of repitition and use of slowly evolving sounds that the masters can spin out for 9 minutes and keep people hooked, but if you fluff it, it can sound a little stale.

I do get that harmonically and melodically thereā€™s not much in there, but I understand that to be a common to many folks producing this kinda art - what do you reckon? Iā€™m listening to others output on the forum (when I can - it is rapidly updating) with open ears and mind! Cheers! :llama:

P.S. Really enjoyed your last Elektro track Event Horizon.

1 Like

Yes, Techno is a WIDE genre. It can be almost everything, from melodious varied stuff to endless repetition, from the deepest Chill Out stuff to the hardest bangers, from radio friendly music to stuff that only works in a proper mix, from even beats to uneven breaks and so on. And the repetitive stuff is usually something that only works in a mix, provided the DJ knows what heā€™s doing. The pro DJs often add some own stuff to that, whether sound effects or single instruments or parts of another tune, thatā€™s how they keep it interesting. And thatā€™s what makes the art of DJing. Composing-wise the repetitive stuff keeps being interesting IF there are changes without changing its ā€œbasic frameworkā€, such as open up the frequency cutoffs, add some supporting background stuff and/or some single elements or whatever. There are constant changes without changing the song if itā€™s done well. I could post a ton of examples because Iā€™m listening to this stuff since the very beginning of Techno in the 80s. Hereā€™s an example that isnā€™t TOO old (from the current century :wink:). Stuff that only works in a mix is for example most stuff made by Rino Cerrone. Just have a listen, I assume that you know what Iā€™m talking about. :slightly_smiling_face:

Haha, thatā€™s the same method Iā€™m also using from time to time to get song titles. But I only choose titles that match the atmosphere of the sound. At least in my opinion. :sweat_smile:

Thank you! Unfortunately the SoundCloud version somehow is a little glitchy.

2 Likes

Awesome, both of those tracks you referenced are great. Cheers!

1 Like

The link referring to Rino Cerrone isnā€™t a single song, itā€™s a playlist of 99 songs and remixes. While weā€™re at it, I just remembered that I also still did some Techno stuff in the past even within my early Renoise days. It doesnā€™t match my todayā€™s production standards, but at least itā€™s listenable. And coincidentally I didnā€™t delete it on YouTube yet. If you or anybody else is interested to have a listen, there are still three songs available in low sound quality and sound like this:

By the way, the picture you can see above in ā€œStarterā€ shows the DJ area (on the left in the green lights) of my favorite club of all time called Omen, in which Mr. Sven VƤth himself played every friday night up to 15 hours straight. Good times.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the final version of the Synthwave track that youā€™ve possibly already heard in the WIP thread:

7 Likes

I made this with Audiomulch.

1 Like